Controlling 436/536 with Smartphone or Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

deskins

The ability to monitor and control your BCD436HP or BCD536HP from a web browser on a smartphone, tablet, or other computer will be gradually rolled out to Scanner Monitor users during a limited preview. With the scanner connected to the Chrome app - you can log into the scannermonitor.com website and use your smartphone as a remote control for your scanner.

For those interested in this preview access, you can go to Scanner Monitor website to request an invite code. Users will be added as long as everything seems to be working for all the devices and servers.

Last edited:

deskins

Forgive my ignorance, but by monitor, do you mean "listen" to it?

The new feature being released displays basically the same data that is shown on the Scanner Monitor Chrome application and allows the user to control the keypad remotely. This makes it possible to execute basic commands on the scanner without having to have a cord attached to you.

I am looking at adding audio streaming in the near future.

joeuser

The Wretched
Its coming along great so far, very stable. Simple interface. I love it. JD, I noticed the app now requests access to the mic & something else, I forgot now. Is this the beginning on that streaming? If so, I think I need to order an audio cable, takes about a week for things to get here...

Oh, I got your email, & switched back to the main app. Nice setup there - logged in & bam - up & running...

This is a fantastic project & will benefit the community. Thanks!

deskins

Its coming along great so far, very stable. Simple interface. I love it. JD, I noticed the app now requests access to the mic & something else, I forgot now. Is this the beginning on that streaming? If so, I think I need to order an audio cable, takes about a week for things to get here...

Oh, I got your email, & switched back to the main app. Nice setup there - logged in & bam - up & running...

This is a fantastic project & will benefit the community. Thanks!

Some users who were using a special test instance of the app did see it ask for permission to access the mic/audio and is the start of adding audio to this app. It is still in the very early stages and not ready for testing yet. You will have plenty of time to order that audio cable :)

Jeff

joeuser

The Wretched
Some users who were using a special test instance of the app did see it ask for permission to access the mic/audio and is the start of adding audio to this app. It is still in the very early stages and not ready for testing yet. You will have plenty of time to order that audio cable :)

Jeff

Nevermind, I went searching thru my junk A / V boxes & forgot I had lost a set of computer speakers to a T-Storm this year. I salvaged cables from it & stashed them away, so I am ready & good to go!

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Jeff,
Tried to log on. Received activation code. Went to site. Keeps saying wrong user name/password.
Sent you an e-mail via the address you gave. Will give it a try later in day.
Thanks for all your efforts.
Steve AA6IO

deskins

Couple quick updates on this app...

An invite code is no longer necessary to control the BCDx36HP with a smartphone or tablet. Registration is currently free at the Scanner Monitor website.

UID now displays in the Scanner Monitor app for those that have it turned on. I have tested with my 436. Currently it supports only UIDs that display with the default "UID:" prefix and not an edited name.

jaydigga

Premium Subscriber
What cable or configuration of cables are people using to connect to the iPhone/iPad with the lightning connector?

deskins

What cable or configuration of cables are people using to connect to the iPhone/iPad with the lightning connector?

If you are referring to using an iPhone/iPad with the Scanner Monitor app…

You need to connect the BCDx36HP scanner using the serial connection to a computer/laptop that has the Scanner Monitor Chrome application installed. Generally this may be the same computer you use to program the scanner.

With the Chrome app running, you can log into the scannermonitor.com website with your iPhone/iPad to see your scanner display and control it remotely from those devices with no cable. The user account you create on the website will allow the Chrome app to “pair” with your other device over the Internet.

DogBone384

Remote app on MAC - thanks

I run it on a MacBookPro with version 10.9.5

Thanks, I'll get around to trying it. This'll only allow the 436 to be remotely seen while connected to my laptop with USB cable, and not wireless like a 536, yes?

I'd hate to have to buy a 536 and install it permanently in my truck to get the wireless feature.

deskins

Thanks, I'll get around to trying it. This'll only allow the 436 to be remotely seen while connected to my laptop with USB cable, and not wireless like a 536, yes?

I'd hate to have to buy a 536 and install it permanently in my truck to get the wireless feature.

Yes, the 436 or 536 must be connected directly to a computer or laptop with this application.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.