BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Favorite Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heidi750

Premium Subscriber
I thought I had it all worked out ... or maybe I missed something ...
I have the BCD436HP ...
I'm wondering if I can rename Favorite Lists or do I have to delete the old one to rename the list?

I must have missed something???

Thanks

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I thought I had it all worked out ... or maybe I missed something ...
I have the BCD436HP ...
I'm wondering if I can rename Favorite Lists or do I have to delete the old one to rename the list?

I must have missed something???

Thanks
You can rename them.

It's that little icon on the bottom row, more or less under "Edit", that looks like an "a", separated from an "e" with a vertical line (sort of a|e). Just highlight (click) the one you want to rename, then hit that icon.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Wow, I wish I had seen this. I just deleted it and re-created it all from scratch with the new name.

Man, this UI is terrible...shortcut icons with no equivalent menu entries...

Your computer doesn't give you a pop-up showing the functions of the icons when you hover your mouse on them?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Wow, I wish I had seen this. I just deleted it and re-created it all from scratch with the new name.

Before I delete a Favorites List, unless there is zero chance of me ever needing to use it again, I'll export it to an HPE file. That way, if the need for it would ever come up, I can import it back into a Favorites List file.

This feature is also good if I wanted to copy a Favorites List.

fmalloy

Your computer doesn't give you a pop-up showing the functions of the icons when you hover your mouse on them?
Yes, it does, and I see that now. Except the small icons are usually quick shortcuts to menu entries. I don't usually use the little icons because the graphics are often confusing as to the function. I tend to go straight into the menus because it's clearly written. I didn't see it in any of the pulldowns.

I think the Rename Favorites List should be in the Edit pulldown, and ideally be editable straight from the Edit Favorites List edit window. Anyway, I'm glad it can be done.

The Sentinel software gets the job done but needs a little improvement in the UI area. But then again, so do most utility applications...

Status
Not open for further replies.