Sentinel differences HP-2 vs 536hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
Here are the systems I will be referring to.

New Jersey Interoperability Communications System (NJICS)

New Jersey Interoperability Communications System (NJICS) Trunking System, Statewide, New Jersey - Scanner Frequencies

Rockland County Public Safety Communications System

Rockland County Public Safety Communications System Trunking System, Rockland County, New York - Scanner Frequencies

All versions of software are the latest available.

On the software for the Hp-2 both systems show system type as p25 x2-tdma

On the software for the 536 both systems show system type as p25 trunk

BOTH SYSTEMS WORK FINE ON THE 536
BOTH SYSTEMS DO NOT STOP ON P-25 PHASE 2 TALK GROUPS ON HP-2

Could the difference in system type be the reason.

The above systems where down loaded and installed via there respective sentinel software versions.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber

New Jersey Interoperability Communications System (NJICS) Trunking System, Statewide, New Jersey - Scanner Frequencies

Rockland County Public Safety Communications System

Rockland County Public Safety Communications System Trunking System, Rockland County, New York - Scanner Frequencies

All versions of software are the latest available.

The above systems where down loaded and installed via there respective sentinel software versions.
The system type is very probably the reason.

In Sentinel for the 436 & 536, the two systems you list are labeled as P25 Standard, which is what's used for bot Phase I & Phase II in this scanner series.

But in the HP-1 & -2 version of Sentinel, the system types are flagged as X2-TDMA. So, the two databases are not in synch.

Suggestion: Export the two systems as an hoe file from the x36 version of Sentinel, and import into the HP-2, see if they will scan properly. By doing that, they will import as the correct P25 Standard system type. You can either import them into a new Favorites list to try them out, or into one of your existing lists. (If you use an existing list, which already has the same two systems, change the name of the existing systems slightly, to avoid a conflict in the import. Sentinel will then import them, since the names don;t match.)

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the suggestion alas it did not help.

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
Can a database admin take a look at this issue as explained above .

Is there indeed a problem with the way systems are importing to sentinel.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber

The NJICS works fine on my HP 2. Simply imported from the sentinel database. I get Phase 1 and Phase 2.

A link to my HP 2 in operation on the NJICS. http://www.lifenliberty.com/home-patrol-ii-on-the-njics-2nd-installment/

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
Can you check you sentinel software and see what type of system it is showing for NJICS.

Is it showing p25 x2-tdma or p25 trunk.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
In HP-1/2 Sentinel it will come in as P25 X2-TDMA.

In x36 Sentinel it will come in as P25 trunked.

The designation works for each, in any event. (HP-1 came out before Phase 2, so the naming is slightly different.)

Voyager

The designation works for each, in any event. (HP-1 came out before Phase 2, so the naming is slightly different.)

I wonder if an update to the naming convention would be in order for the next firmware update... :D

n3ouc

Premium Subscriber
Sibbley,
Watching your NJICS video's showing the HP-2 brings out some emotion. One, I am very happy to see how it works on that system compared to my 536, but number two, it makes me kinda mad on how great the auto P25 threshold works on that HP-2. The 536's just sit there and never moves in auto mode and I feel that may be a major reason we have so many troubles decoding P25 systems. Watching yours work the auto mode I can see why it may be so much better than the 536's. Thanks for the great video's!

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Sibbley,
Watching your NJICS video's showing the HP-2 brings out some emotion. One, I am very happy to see how it works on that system compared to my 536, but number two, it makes me kinda mad on how great the auto P25 threshold works on that HP-2. The 536's just sit there and never moves in auto mode and I feel that may be a major reason we have so many troubles decoding P25 systems. Watching yours work the auto mode I can see why it may be so much better than the 536's. Thanks for the great video's!

More to come. I still want to do the Bucks and Berks county systems videos. I hope to do that this weekend. I got busy since the NJICS video. I can't believe how much better I can hit Bucks county with the HP 2.

Thanks...

sibbley

Premium Subscriber

Paul, On the 436HP, I had to change the system in the scanner via Butel software from P25 Trunked to P 25 X2-TDMA to get the 436HP to hit the New Berks County P 25 system (link below). Any Idea why I had nothing before making this change? This particular system is fantastic on the HP 2 right out of the database.

Berks County Public Safety Radio System Trunking System, Berks County, Pennsylvania - Scanner Frequencies

Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.