Sentinel now working on Parallels!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gskroll

Premium Subscriber
For those, like me, struggling to use Sentinel via Parallels 10 on OSX Yosemite, after applying the maintenance I noticed today (bringing it to version 10.1.2 (28859)), I am able to Clear User Data, read from Scanner, Write to Scanner with Bcd436HP connected via supplied USB cable.

There still is a "mystery" entry listed in the MicroSD "box" which shows "A: Uniden Unknown ( ESN XXXXXXXXXXXXXX )" along with the correct drive letter associated with the MicroSD card in the scanner.

The scanner is working fine after using Sentinel to perform updates.

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wd6awp

Premium Subscriber
OK, I just updated Parallels to 10.1.2 and will try Sentinel via Parallels 10 on OS X Yosemite. I hope it doesn't trash the MicroSD card like it has in the past.

wd6awp

Premium Subscriber
OK, I just updated Parallels to 10.1.2 and will try Sentinel via Parallels 10 on OS X Yosemite. I hope it doesn't trash the MicroSD card like it has in the past.

It didn't work for me. Windows XP sees an E: drive removable disk storage but Sentinel doesn't see the E: drive.

gskroll

Premium Subscriber
Do you see "BCD436HP" on Parallels "Device" pull down?

wd6awp

Premium Subscriber
Do you see "BCD436HP" on Parallels "Device" pull down?

I have a 536, but yes it's in the Parallels dropdown list of USB devices. Does your drive say "Removable Disk" or something else? See attachments.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-12-22 at 4.21.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-22 at 4.21.58 PM.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 486
  • Screen Shot 2014-12-22 at 4.24.35 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-12-22 at 4.24.35 PM.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 535

gskroll

Premium Subscriber
Sorry - too busy to play with radios during Christmas and New Years.

Further attempts yielded inconsistent results including SD card corruption.

I had a diagnostic / debugging session with Parallels support today. During that session, Sentinel did not see the SD card (which during the testing got corrupted). The engineer will be escalating to level 2 support.

I am off to Maine tomorrow to volunteer in a disabled ski program for a week. I won't be able to resume working with Parallels support until the week of 1/12. Hope they have some "next steps" for me to try by then[emoji1]

Glenn

wd6awp

Premium Subscriber
Try Setting the Block Size to 4096

I've been having great success. I've been reading and writing to the scanner with XP under Parallels like crazy and it's not corrupted the card even once.

Here's what I did. This is going from memory so it might not be 100% accurate. I formatted the MicroSD card on a MacBook Pro Retina which has an SD slot with SDFormatter. Windows then sees the SDcard but still wants to format it which I did. Past attempts at doing this didn't work. This time I set the block size to 4096 when formatting.

I'd be interested to know if this procedure works for you. And thanks for keeping us posted on your activities with Parallels support.

copdmv

Parallels and XP

I have no luck with latest Parallels and XP reading from the Scanner. However, i do have luck with card reader.

Trying to decide if I should upgrade to Windows 7 or 8.1 or just buy a cheapa$$ windows laptop with 8.1.

Ideas?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.