Problem Writing to 436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rehab880

I wrote to my 436HP using Sentinel no problem. I then deleted some lists and made new ones. When I tried to write a second time, I clicked on WRITE TO SCANNER, and a box appears on screen saying microSD. There is nothing in the box to click on and the OK button is faded out. Did I delete something I shouldn't have and is there a way to get it back?

Any help is much appreciated!

Collapse

Voyager

Your scanner is not connected to your PC currently. Make sure you press the ENTER key to select MASS STORAGE when you connect it.

Rehab880

Thank you, now I have a minor problem I renamed the talkgroups the way I wanted it and it came out correct. But the talkgroups do not appear in the order I put them in.

Rehab880

Where is the ERASE FLs FIRST option? I saw ERASE FLs on scanner.

Last edited by a moderator:

Voyager

When writing, there will be a box you can check to erase the FLs. Check it.

Rehab880

I have it somewhat working. I have 4 lists programmed in but am having a problem with the FL numerical order. I'm going to pick it up again tomorrow.

Thank you,

To be continued!

Collapse

Voyager

Or just use the sort option in Sentinel. (EDIT / SORT FAVORITE LISTS). Then just click on a FL and use the arrows to change its location. When you write to the scanner (using the erase FLs option), it will write in that order.

Rehab880

Thank you Voyager & baayers, I'm starting to get the hang of it now. I will probably have a question or 2 in the next few days. I'm just making my lists now.

collapse

Rehab880

Another question. I live in Cobb County, GA which is soon to switch to TDMA. While I wait,

I have 3 Fire Dept. & 9 Police Dept. on the current P25 Phase 1 System. I have the System on HOLD and I am able to scan all 9 police dept. I do the same for Fire and I can't scan the 3 dept's. It unholds the system and scans everything. Don't know if this will help, under F0 & S0 both have a 1. All the others have an asterisk under F0 and the appropriate number under S0.

Help!

collapse

Voyager

Are you using the latest firmware?

The System HOLD should not unhold.

Another possibility: Are any of those TGs assigned as priority channels, and do you have the priority enabled?

Last, are these in two separate Departments under the same System, or two separate Systems?

Rehab880

The dept.'s all use the same frequencies but have different TG's.

None of the TG's are listed as P-Ch if that means priority.

I followed the steps to update the firmware. A box saying Stage 1 Checking Uniden Server appeared. Then updating unit failed operation is canceled. Unable to connect to the remote server.

I have Firemware Version 1.03.00
SUM=12A, M-Ver=1

Voyager

I am pretty sure 1.03.00 is the latest, so no worries there.

Can you provide a link to the RR listings of what you are monitoring?

Voyager

Are the Fire and PD programmed under the same system? Are they in separate Departments?

Rehab880

I was unable to upload a photo so I typed it in.

Favorites List
Cobb Fire
Cobb County P25
Cobb County Fire Department
Austell
Smyrna
Cobb Police
Cobb County P25
Cobb County Police Department
Acworth
Austell

And so on

Rehab880

Sorry about that I didn't look at the preview before posting.

I have a folder labeled Cobb Fire. Inside it is a folder labeled Cobb County P25. Inside that folder are listings for the talkgroups for the county & each city. Does this make more sense?

I tried posting a photo of it but it would not take.

Thanks for your help & patience,

collapse

Voyager

Yes, it does. So, each department is in its own Department, correct?

I'm curious why you have two "Cobb County P25". Are those different Sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.