Windows 10 and Sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.

QwKiE

Will Windows 10 and Sentinel work together for HP1 and HP2 updates when Windows 10 is released July 29 2015?

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
It is working fine for me on Windows 10 preview build 10130. I am using HP1 with HP Sentinel, BCD436HP and BCD536HP with BCDx36HP Sentinel.

rkm1215

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I was wondering same thing. Gonna try the latest insider Win10 version soon on X36HP. What about the serial drivers?

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I have not tried the serial driver as I have been using WiFi for control since Uniden released the firmware. I can say that the mass storage drivers used for programming are plug and play. I will give it a try in the next couple of days.

I have not tried the serial driver as I have been using WiFi for control since Uniden released the firmware. I can say that the mass storage drivers used for programming are plug and play. I will give it a try in the next couple of days.

I cannot get the sentinel software to install for my bcd436hp, It says I need net framework 2.0 and 10 already is installed with net frame of some 4.xx

Any suggestions? Also how are you using WiFi for control and programming? For some reason I can't find any drivers for this scanner.

rkm1215

Premium Subscriber
I'm guessing he is using WiFi with his BCD536HP (mobile). We don't have that option with the BCD436HP (portable). I will try both Sentinel and the serial drivers tomorrow.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I cannot get the sentinel software to install for my bcd436hp, It says I need net framework 2.0 and 10 already is installed with net frame of some 4.xx

Any suggestions? Also how are you using WiFi for control and programming? For some reason I can't find any drivers for this scanner.

If you need .Net 2.0, type “Windows features” in the search bar and select Turn Windows features on or off (Control Panel). You can also access this through control panel. Check the box next to .Net Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 3.0 and 2.0).

For remote control, I use ProScan (ProScan). You can control a BCD536HP via WiFi or serial. You can control a BCD436HP via serial.

If the serial drivers are not plug and play, I'm guessing the Windows 7/8 Drivers from Uniden will work.

BCD436HP < UnidenMan4 < TWiki
BCD536HP < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
What about the serial drivers?

Microsoft USB serial driver was plug and play with my BCD436HP. I tested with ProScan, and all worked well. I also upgraded to the Uniden driver as I believe this was released to address disconnects after some time. The Uniden serial driver installed and worked fine too.

KE0GXN

If you need .Net 2.0, type &#8220;Windows features&#8221; in the search bar and select Turn Windows features on or off (Control Panel). You can also access this through control panel. Check the box next to .Net Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 3.0 and 2.0).

For remote control, I use ProScan (ProScan). You can control a BCD536HP via WiFi or serial. You can control a BCD436HP via serial.

If the serial drivers are not plug and play, I'm guessing the Windows 7/8 Drivers from Uniden will work.

BCD436HP < UnidenMan4 < TWiki
BCD536HP < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

I am currently waiting on an HP-2 that I ordered. During my due diligence on here seeking intel on Sentinel, I came across this thread and decided to check my PC. Based on your post, I checked my PC which is on Windows 8.1 and I found out my current Net framework is 4.5.

I just want to confirm, if I run into the OP's problem; I need to DISABLE Net 4.5 and make sure Net 3.5 (includes Net 2.0 and 3.0) is ENABLED?

Last edited:

KE0GXN

Leave 4.5 enabled. Add the feature for .Net 3.5.

Thanks for the response!

Something else I noticed when I checked those settings last night.....maybe a stupid question, so please bear with me, I do not consider myself PC literate :(

1. Both those Net frames have small "black boxes" in them inside of the "black check mark".

When I open the 3.5 up, there are two more boxes/options that are unfilled:

-"Windows Communication Foundation HTTP Activation"

-"Windows Commination Foundation Non-HTTP Activation".

2. When I open the 4.5 up, there are two boxes/options. One is checked, "ASP.NET 4.5" and the other one is "WCF Services", which is unchecked.

Should I alter those in anyway for Sentinel to work?

Again thanks for the initial response!

JazzyJeff

Get the same thing on both my HP Pavilion All-in-One and my Asus Vivobook X202E installed with Windows 10. Seems kinda' stupid having to downgrade the .net framework to get Sentinel to work. Almost sounds like Uniden is pushing HomePatrol 2 on us. Geez!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The .net frameworks are (somewhat, sometimes, but not always every time) independent. You aren't downgrading, you are adding an additional version.

SCPD

QRT
Windows 10 and scanners

When I had the preview of Windows 10 my BCD-436HP would work but my Whistler Ez scan would not,anyone know if Microsoft fixed this?

D

darunimal

I don't think this is a Uniden or Windows 10 (MIcrosoft) problem try using search forum for the answer to your question, I do believe it is a correctable by home user, driver thing though.

QwKiE

I just wanted to say I have two HP1 one with extreme and one not, both have worked fine for me switching to windows 10. Only thing I did not have working was the extreme for using my HP as a remote with serial port. I have waited patiently and finally My windows 10 got the right update and it all works fine now.
Just be patient and everything will work out. Also I wanted to say both my windows 10 computers are and have been working fine and faster than before I did the upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.