Programming 436 and 536 with Sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
I already have a 536, and I am now getting a 436 also, do I need to set up a separate profile, to change settings on a 436

Last edited:

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Yes.

Only when you want the 436 and 536 to "behave" exactly the same way, is when you want to use the same profile.

Also just to point out, if you make any changes in Favorites List(s) using the Favorites List editor, those changes are sent to both scanners. For example, if you set Favorite List XYZ Location Control to On for the 536, it will also be On for the 436.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
So, if i create a seperate Profile for my 436, and it shows up the favorites that i have on my other profile, if i make changes to the 436 profile, it should affect my 536 that's on another profile correct. I have the alert lights on my 536 to ON, but thinking of turning them to OFF on my 436, to save battery.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
That is correct. FL are shared across all profiles. The only things that differ are those items you set in the Edit Profile window.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Conceivably there is a way you could accomplish this, but pretty labor intensive and fraught with things that could go wrong.

Basically you would export the Favorites List to an HPE file, rename it to "436 Favorites List". Then import that "436 Favorites List" back to Sentinel and change the alert light status.

Care would have to be taken so that you don't write both the original and copied Favorites List to the scanner(s) because they'd have the same FLQK. Two FLs with the same Quick Key are not allowed.

I'll soon be in the same boat as you with a 436 on order and think I'm just going to bite the bullet with lights being on. Hopefully no longer than the alert lights are on and them beling LED, it won't drain too much power.

Status
Not open for further replies.