BCD396XT/BCD996XT: cant pickup NC HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jag007

Premium Subscriber
I used freescan to program NC Viper p25 freqs from software database and I do not receive anything on those truncked freqs....I even put in the old dispatch freq for NC Hwy Patrol and still no activity on scanner?
I do not know if I am doing something wrong with the programming? It will pickup the local sheriff and rescue fine. I programmed all those freqs at the same time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
It was supposed to be under uniden bcd396xt

Last edited:

jag007

Premium Subscriber
No I used the built in freq database in freescan and it loaded NC Viper into scanner and all associated freqs and talk groups

JamesO

Do not know how Freescan configures the system/frequencies, but I was through NC about a month ago with my HP1 with GPS canning and the database download form Sentinel and was able to pick up and monitor VIPER without a problem.

I would fall back and check the RR Database carefully, make sure your radio is at least Firmware version 1.07.03. Make sure the radio is about to pick up the control channel and then possibly even use the Search mode vs Scan mode.

marksmith

No I used the built in freq database in freescan and it loaded NC Viper into scanner and all associated freqs and talk groups
No, I don't think you did. The viper system will not hold the entire viper system. I am not sure what you loaded, but you will need to reduce your download to what the radio can hold.

That means a couple sites at most, and probably a portion of the talkgroups.

The 396xt can handle a total of 500 records per system, which includes frequencies and talkgroups.

You can create a system that includes one site and the related talkgroups, and then create additional systems containing another site and talkgroups, but there's no way you can load the whole system in that radio.

You need to pick a site in your county (only one) and then add as many talkgroups as you can load.

Try it and see if that works.

Then add additional sites the same way.

When freescan uploads to radio it tells you the errors. You must have had hundreds of errors trying to upload the whole system.

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others

Status
Not open for further replies.