Adding police dmr freqs when I don’t know lcn

Status
Not open for further replies.

KI4MXY

I am trying to add Lebanon, TN pd frequencies to my scanner. They use Motorola CAP DMR, but I don’t know the LCN. I have purchased the DMR upgrade and have updated my scanner. When I listen to what I’ve programmed, I hear snippets of voice but can’t make out complete sentences. Any help would be appreciated.

rcool101

Feed Provider
Did you look in the data base?

Misc System Information

This system is using Motorola's Enhanced Privacy Solution ( Full Encryption)

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Set the LCNs to 0 (zero) and put that system in ID SEARCH (OR equivalent on your scanner)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Running LCN finder will fill in the correct numbers. You will need to read from scanner back into Sentinel afterward.

phask

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to add Lebanon, TN pd frequencies to my scanner. They use Motorola CAP DMR, but I don’t know the LCN. I have purchased the DMR upgrade and have updated my scanner. When I listen to what I’ve programmed, I hear snippets of voice but can’t make out complete sentences. Any help would be appreciated.

I see this is your first post, but did you even LOOK? According to the info in the DB they are listed. and encrypted.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7956

KI4MXY

phask

Yes, I did look. Thank you for asking. I guess I didn't understand what I was looking at (still don't, but I'm sure you don't care). Why bother responding if you won't help.

phask

Premium Subscriber
phask

Yes, I did look. Thank you for asking. I guess I didn't understand what I was looking at (still don't, but I'm sure you don't care). Why bother responding if you won't help.

The tiny sub-script numbers are the LCN- encrypted means, you will hear nothing.. nada, zero, you also need the color code set, as noted, 2 different ones.

But then - as others said earlier - it's all encrypted so why bother.

I think it's already in Sentinel - so you ushouldlook there first.

and last of all encrypted is in any disctionary.

Have a nice day hearing nothing from your local agency.

rcool101

Feed Provider
phask

Encryption means all the help in the world won't fix it....It means impossible to hear it....unless they turn it off....my local PD has it...I do hear it on occasion... sometimes one car has it on and the other doesn't...but most of the time Not

I hear snippets of voice but can’t make out complete sentences. Any help would be appreciated.
You probably have it programmed correctly...It's just encrypted....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.