HPe-rc problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotpocket

Premium Subscriber
So I just purchased the extreme upgrade, and wanted to ues HPe-rc to control my HP-1 from my computer. I downloaded and installed the serial mode drivers, and this is what's showing up in my device manager.

https://forums.radioreference.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=62306&stc=1&d=1515795966

so I know on COM6 it can't start the device. But COM8 is showing everything is happy.

Now I try to run the HPe-rc console, and this is what I get

https://forums.radioreference.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=62307&stc=1&d=1515796020

Attachments

• devman homepatrol.jpg
    devman homepatrol.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 249
  • hpe-rc.JPG
    hpe-rc.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 271

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Looks to me like it's trying to use Com1.

hotpocket

Premium Subscriber
UPman. Do you know of any free software that I can control the Homepatrol-1 with? if thats even posible

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I believe ARCPATROL does. There may be others. I'd never even heard of hpe-rc before your post.

hotpocket

Premium Subscriber
Oh, and we put out some rudimentary utilities, too: TechnicalDocs < HomePatrol < TWiki

Cool. I tried out the remote control thing from that link, but I get the error, "The port "COM8" does not exist" when in the device manager, my HP1 serial driver is clearly on COM8. maybe it just doesn't like my desktop. I'll try it out on my Toughbook tomorrow :)

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
One of the ports shown is invalid, as indicated by the yellow triangle (COM6). The correct one is probably COM9.

hotpocket

Premium Subscriber
its odd. on the HPe-rc software, port1 is for input i guess, and port2 is output. I wonder if thats whats going on in the device manager, and the 2 ports are too close together. Imma try setting the COM6 one to something like COM22

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
That won't help. Only one port is valid, the com9 in your post.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Yes. And set the software to use the one that isn't (com9).

hotpocket

Premium Subscriber
so I got HPe-rc working on my panasonic toughbook. Funny thing is, the toughbook is windows XP, and the computer I was using before is windows 7. maybe HPe-rc just doesnt like windows 7 :/

Status
Not open for further replies.