BC125AT: Naming Bands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckinSC

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to name the Bands? I've tried it using the ARC125 and the name doesn't "stick". I've also tried the free Uniden SS software but haven't found a way to change the Band name in that software. So, my question is if there's a way to title each band, and if so, how? Thanks.

Scan125

I assume you mean applying a Bank Name as opposed to a Band.

In the BC/UBC125/126 series of scanners the Scan Channel Banks and Search Banks have fixed unchangeable names of Bank 1 to Bank 10. For the Services then these also have fixed names but this time more meaningful one like Emergency, Aircraft, Narine etc.

The concept of having a Bank Name was first designed and introduced for these scanners in my Scan125 Control Program back. Here you can allocate a more meaningful virtual name to banks.

See: https://nick-bailey.co.uk/scan125/index.html

Other software developers/companies have since also chosen to support virtual bank naming.

It is important to note that the scanner hardware does not have the ability to display virtual names whichever software you use to program your scanner.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Back when dealing with bank names instead of alpha tags, I used to make small labels and attach them the the back of the scanner.

1- PD
2- FD
3- EMS
4- AIRCRAFT
etc

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
The scanner does not store/display bank names, if you run ARC125 virtual control you will see the banknames displayed on your PC screen.
Also you can print a small 'banknames' sticker using the ARC125 print menu.

Gommert
Butel Software

Status
Not open for further replies.