RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Software Discussion

Uniden Software Discussion - Topics shall be specific to Uniden produced software though third party non-programming software is permitted. Please see the Scanner Programming Software category for all third-party programming software.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-10-2018, 8:24 PM

Default Sentinel and Radio Reference database

I am wondering why Sentinel doesnít import new sites in a trunked system or am I missing the option somewhere. Example.... I have Entergy already in my 436hp. There has been new sites updated in the Radio Reference database. They have been in the database for a few weeks now. I updated the Sentinel database but the new sites are not in there.
Sponsored links
Old 08-10-2018, 8:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy7777777777 View Post
I am wondering why Sentinel doesnít import new sites in a trunked system or am I missing the option somewhere. Example.... I have Entergy already in my 436hp. There has been new sites updated in the Radio Reference database. They have been in the database for a few weeks now. I updated the Sentinel database but the new sites are not in there.
Did you "write" the database update to your scanner after you updated it in Sentinel?

It's a 2 step process.

Old 08-10-2018, 8:30 PM
RRDB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

And if you have it as a favorite list, updating the database will not update your personal setup favorite lists, only updates the national database on the scanner.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
KC3HIO - HAM
WQXU562 - GMRS Cornwall "600" Rptr.
Admiral - 11m
Old 08-10-2018, 10:10 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Man I hate this scan by zip code stuff. Learn how to program your radio properly either with sentinel or another software package. Learn the layout of the memory and make your own Favorites, Systems, and Deptartments/Site lists. You will be truly amazed at how much better scanning can be when you do it he hard way and program it your self. Other wise you are at the mercy of the data base and the software which requires you to copy and paste the new sites or other data from the data base list into a system list in your favorites list. It's a lot easier when you have a good general understanding of the how the memory works.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2018, 10:48 PM

Yes I wrote the database to the scanner after I updated it on Sentinel. It still doesn’t show the new sites in the database on the scanner. And also that’s what I’ve ended up doing. I just programmed it myself into the scanner. I was just wondering why Sentinel wouldn’t do it.
Sponsored links
Old 08-10-2018, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy7777777777 View Post
Yes I wrote the database to the scanner after I updated it on Sentinel. It still doesnít show the new sites in the database on the scanner. And also thatís what Iíve ended up doing. I just programmed it myself into the scanner. I was just wondering why Sentinel wouldnít do it.
Can you post a direct link to the system in the RR database you are asking about?

Old 08-10-2018, 11:40 PM

Entergy (P25) Trunking System, Various, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies
Old 08-10-2018, 11:54 PM

There's a bunch of missing data in the RR database, like where a bunch of the sites are actually located (the county is listed as a comma or "UNKNOWN").

Uniden doesn't include some of the more blatant forms of garbage data in their Sentinel data pull. A site's location coordinates, county, and state need to be filled in to show in Sentinel properly.

If you know the correct data to fill in what's missing, do a database submission, and that will fix the problem in Sentinel for everyone.
Old 08-11-2018, 12:30 PM
Uniden Representative
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I just looked, and that system is in the HPDB. Got to it by:

USA --> Arkansas --> Arkansas --> Statewide --> Entergy (P25)
For better help, tell us specifically what you are trying to scan.