RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Uniden Forums > The Uniden Tavern

The Uniden Tavern For general chit-chat and non-technical discussion specific to Uniden and does not fall within the above forum topics. This is not the forum to get technical advice from.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2014, 3:10 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Very very happy with how my 436 performs on the simulcast tower for the Austin system. Need to run the LCRA system post update and see if the EDACS beeps are silenced. Thank you for the constant improvements to your products, particularly on P25 systems.
Sponsored links

Old 03-06-2014, 3:45 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Thanks UpMan, I enjoy the new BCD436HP.
KD8GIS
Old 03-06-2014, 4:16 PM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Social media has drastically changed customer service in the last several years. Avenues like this Uniden forum have contributed to Uniden creating great products like x96T, x96XT, HP1, and now x36HP just to name a few. We can all see by the evolution of these products that our comments are being heard. New firmware and new models that come from discussions in this forum are making our wants and desires become reality.

Paul, your presence on this forum is invaluable to the hobby, and shows that Uniden is committed to listening to the customer. Thank you for the time and effort you put into making our hobby better. The products that you have helped create have provided countless hours of enjoyment for me. Paul, customer service that you provide is what keeps me a satisfied Uniden customer.

--Joe
Old 03-06-2014, 4:33 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

although not specific to paul, i was awfully pleased with Uniden today. I sent my 396xt in for repair right when this issue with the new scanners began. I figured, with uniden being swamped with repairs at the moment, that my scanner might not ship by the listed ship date of 3/14/14. I just checked today, to find out that it shipped out yesterday!
Old 03-06-2014, 4:38 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

UPMAN is great. When I had a question about my Uniden scanner, he responded within just a few minutes.
Keep up the great work UPMAN!
Sponsored links
Old 03-06-2014, 5:04 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

What can I say that hasn't been covered in the previous posts?

I will just add my sincere Thanks to Paul for doing his best to keep us finicky and sometimes downright irritable customers happy.

A satisfied Uniden products customer.

Russell

BCD396T BCT-7 BCD350C PRO-2052 ICOM R-75 BC175XL REGENCY R-1050 TDXone TD-Q8A
Old 03-06-2014, 6:40 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Well, I guess I'm in the wrong thread because I want to complain loudly...

When I woke up this morning, neither my 436 nor my 536 would make my breakfast!!!

Thanks for everything Paul!
Old 03-06-2014, 6:58 PM

Dewey, Paul said that's in the next firmware update

Keep up the Great work Paul!!
Old 03-06-2014, 7:20 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Thanks UPman!

Paul has given the Uniden Corporation a human face that we on the consumer side can relate to.

I hope the Corporation appreciates his expertise and patience as much as we do.

Thanks, Paul!
Sponsored links
Old 03-06-2014, 7:37 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Yup, Pual has personally contacted me about my 436 problems and has bent over backwards to redeem the problems.

Thanks
Old 03-06-2014, 7:43 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I continuously see "Top Shelf" customer service here in these forums from UPMan and his crew at Uniden.

A fine Thank You indeed to you folks.
Old 03-06-2014, 8:37 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

This thread is indeed long overdue. Paul and his team deserve a lot of credit for their tireless efforts to not only develop and improve products but to read and respond to our endless comments, both good and bad. I am grateful for all of their efforts.
Old 03-06-2014, 9:00 PM

UPMAN,

You and your crew just keep doing what you are doing. This hobby is made a lot better because of your hard work, presence and knowledge in forums such as this. I must say, I've learned quite a bit, not only about Unidens products but about the hobby in general from you. THANK YOU and your team for everything you do.

A bald fan,

Jake

P.S. Make sure you pass this thread along to your boss and his/her boss (which I'm doubting the line is that long)!

Last edited by Jake68111; 03-06-2014 at 9:08 PM.. Reason: Just had to add the "P.S."......
Old 03-06-2014, 9:27 PM
DB Admin Member
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I know I beat you up some what in a different thread, but I would like to say thanks for all your hard work. keep up the good job Paul.
lowboy654@radioreference.com
Old 03-06-2014, 9:58 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I appreciate what you do Paul!! My first police scanner was a bearcat and now I own a Uniden 536 that says bearcat on it!!! But what I love really other than the radio.......is your YouTube videos they really helped me on how to use the radio and the software! I look forward to more UPman videos. The more I view the more I learn. Thank You!!

Michael
Uniden 536HP
Sponsored links
Old 03-06-2014, 9:59 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Awesome job and good luck at Uniden!

Old 03-06-2014, 10:07 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Show appreciation for Upman thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weathernet View Post
I thought it might be nice to have a thread showing your appreciation of Upman,,,Paul has done with regards to the new scanners.
I know there has been occasional posts within threads that show this but thought a specific thread to this affect might be nice.
Please no negative comments here is all I ask.
So if you appreciate what Upman does please post it here, lets show him how much his hard work is noticed.
Tim
Thank you Tim for creating this thread. And a thank you to everyone who supports Radio Reference and our hobby.

I have sat for hours reading just about everyone's Uniden forum posts, good and bad. UPMan and the team at Uniden have done a remarkable job at building two great scanners, immediately reacting and responding to issues, and doing there best to correct them.

I own two BCD536HP's and one BCD436HP. Yes, I have a light hiss (barely noticeable) on my headphone jack on both 536 units, but I don't use that option so I really never cared about that issue. But UPMan did and felt it was unacceptable and took action to correct it.

I believe I have made more YouTube videos about these scanners than anyone else. Yes, there is a learning curve, but that comes with most electronic devices. I didn't know how to use all the options or even program my first ever programmable scanner (BC-160).

Fast forward to today. All my BCDx36HP scanners receive better than any other Uniden scanner I have ever owned. And with the latest firmware update, my BCD436HP sounds and receives even better then it did before. Thanks Uniden, that was a pleasant surprise!

I know of no other electronics corporation that has the Director of Product Development / Lead Product Architect of any device that communicates directly with end users almost daily. Paul and his group of software and hardware engineers, designers, and production teams have responded immediately to all concerns and issues. They continue to address and fix known issues based on feedback from us. How many other corporations do that? None that I know of.

Some folks quickly forget how nice and convenient it is to have your issues heard and responded to quickly. Can UPMan and Uniden solve every issue immediately and make every single owner of there scanners happy? Of course not, but at least they are trying and not turning a blind eye.

For example, the headphone fix / scanner replacement option. Initially, when there was a glitch in the UPS computer system, Uniden stepped up and sent out the replacements using next day air and 2nd day air. How about that for customer service. And yet, there were still folks complaining about not receiving a email?

I don't represent a large agency / company that has spent millions of dollars with Uniden. But, with the one on one support we have received from Paul and team Uniden, I feel we are the President and CEO of a major corporation doing business directly with Uniden.

Keep up the great work UPMan and team Uniden!

Respectfully submitted from a little old loyal scanner hobbyist over here in Florida watching, reading and helping from the sidelines.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:25 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Smile Thank You UPMAN

UPMAN Thank you and your team as well as the Radio reference forum & users for the opportunity to have direct open communication with Uniden and other users as well as acknowledging issues some of us may not have discovered and taking steps to offer a method of resolution as quick as you have. I had no problem sending my unit back and hope the replacement arrives as scheduled. Thank you
Old 03-06-2014, 11:28 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Also a thanks to those who have posted on YOUTUBE Sentinel & 536HP videos especially UPman & K4DPS Thank you
Old 03-07-2014, 12:08 AM

I just realized how "Paul" releases his Steam.........................
He is Paul Shaffer on David Letterman

Thank you for all you do and sorry I had to reveal your Night Gig ....