Changing the name of this forum from the Tavern

Do you think the Uniden Tavern name should be changed?

• I feel the name is adequate.

Votes: 36 72.0%
  • I don't like the name. I think the name should be...<see reply>

Votes: 14 28.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

forums manager

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The use of the Tavern name was tongue in cheek by me but I guess some members associate it with negativity that appears to exist around the off-topic Tavern category. So I'm posting a poll. Should it be changed? What do you feel it should be?

Let me state what the purpose of this forum is for. It is a place for members to post their impressions of Uniden products be they positive or negative. This is not a Rants forum! It is to serve topics that are border-line not Uniden oriented. Topics that would cross model boundaries would go here. Topics aren't meant to get too technical since we already have two forums for that.
The short version: it's a miscellaneous or catch-all forum.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Uniden Cage Match?

Ok, j/k.

"Uniden Miscellaneous" or "Uniden Other", perhaps. Actually, "Tavern" doesn't bother me.

E-Man

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I really like the new Uniden Forum lay out. I vote to keep it named as the Tavern, unless it will be moderated with an Iron Fist, then a name change should be in order.

Essexscan

The Uniden Squawk Box

Uniden's Radio Chatter

I like Cage Match or Scanner Dome

Two scanners enter- One Scanner leaves

PS. I think the new sub-forum setup is dead on target, Nice job!!

Last edited:

bama9999

The use of the Tavern name was tongue in cheek by me but I guess some members associate it with negativity that appears to exist around the off-topic Tavern category. So I'm posting a poll. Should it be changed? What do you feel it should be?

Let me state what the purpose of this forum is for. It is a place for members to post their impressions of Uniden products be they positive or negative. This is not a Rants forum! It is to serve topics that are border-line not Uniden oriented. Topics that would cross model boundaries would go here. Topics aren't meant to get too technical since we already have two forums for that.
The short version: it's a miscellaneous or catch-all forum.

I think the first line of your second paragraph offers a good suggestion for a name for this category: Uniden Impressions.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
The name it has is fine but changing it is not something I'd object to either.

One suggestion is to put the informative stuff about the product back under a product category where it can easily be found rather than in the BS section.

Almost didn't find the discussion on batteries and the 436 because it had been moved to here.

Don't know if that's possible or even a good idea but something maybe to think about.

n5ims

How about "Everything (else) fits here in miscellaneous" (Tavern is fine by me).

mancow

Database Admin
Tavern

Tell people to take their fake "I want attention" outrage at a simple name elsewhere.

E-Man

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Tavern

Tell people to take their fake "I want attention" outrage at a simple name elsewhere.

If you want to call someone out, call them out! Why beat around the bush? And why must Mod involvement always be the solution?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
We'd have no issue with Uni Den (clever!). Remember, Uniden starts with U N I.

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
Tavern has been the moniker for so long I'd hate to see it change.

But, if you must, how about FREE? FREE is Foolishness, Rants, Everything Else.

Well?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.