Uniden radios on sale at RadioShack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Must have bought it or was bought as the local rs manager says there are none showing in the system database to order.
396xt still going for 399.95

al95

The price tag read clearance sale then had the price of $269.99. They also had the BCD396XT it was $469.00 This was at the radioshack in Brownsville,Tx Sunrise mall store.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I called 2 stores for the bcd996xt 1 store has it for 499.99 and store 2 has it under 200 if in stock. Sounds like only certain stores and locations have them on sale or full price. All 3 stores for the 396xt is 399.99 on sale

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Called various stores and found one with (2) 996xt's and a 396xt at the store for $350 a piece. Went to pickup a 996XT and it rang up at $174.97 before tax. That was a very nice surprise and I bet the 396 would have been the same but just bought the 996.

I now own 3 digital scanners. A PRO-96, PRO-2096, and now a Uniden 996XT. I never paid full retail price for any of them. When the 96 & 2096 came out there were various coupons and some kind of black Friday discounts. The various discounts saved me a ton of money on the scanners. I would never had purchased them at full price and now have another one purchased at Radio Shack for a great deal!. The Radio Shack was the one in Roseville, MN off of Fairview Ave. if anyone in the area needs one.

Now it's off to programing..

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I went and picked it up at 174.97. I got a 10% off and got 30 dollar off coupons. The 30 dollar off coupons wasn't used one the bcd996xt. I may buy something here and there before it expires a few weeks.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
I went and picked it up at 174.97. I got a 10% off and got 30 dollar off coupons. The 30 dollar off coupons wasn't used one the bcd996xt. I may buy something here and there before it expires a few weeks.

I received the same coupons, might go back for another 996 or a 396!! I have to say so far so good with the 996. Have not had allot of time to get it fully progammed but it's doing pretty good job on a simulcast site that's a pain in the rear. Not bad at all Mr. Paul!!

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I received the same coupons, might go back for another 996 or a 396!! I have to say so far so good with the 996. Have not had allot of time to get it fully progammed but it's doing pretty good job on a simulcast site that's a pain in the rear. Not bad at all Mr. Paul!!

Nice! I got the unit tonight. They told me the coupons can't use all 3 on a product have to use all 3 different times.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Premium Subscriber

That is a great deal for a digital scanner. Wish the Shacks in my area had them that cheap. Although I already have one, I'd snap up another in a heartbeat at that price.

Curious about one thing about the receipt...what's a PIFF/License Fee?

:)

al95

That is a great deal for a digital scanner. Wish the Shacks in my area had them that cheap. Although I already have one, I'd snap up another in a heartbeat at that price.

Curious about one thing about the receipt...what's a PIFF/License Fee?

:)

Was going to ask the same question.

tiggen

Got mine in Kennesaw, GA at the $175 price. I called a bunch of Atlanta stores, and there were different prices at each store that had one. That was the lowest.

From what I understand the 396 is just on sale for $399 in all stores. If this is incorrect, I'd love to hear how to get one for cheaper than that!

JamesO

Different SKU or Radio Shack model number for the 996XT. In store SKU is a 6 digit code as I recall, the 7 digit SKU is a direct order and these are $499.99.

Any SKU that starts with a "5" is a direct order, not store stock item and they will be the $499.99 price

Only the in store inventory is being sold out/reduced.

Finding anyone with a "brain" that works as the Shack that understands any of this is rare!

Ryangn

Got me a 2nd one for $174.00. Awesome price!!!! Although I got a chuckle when the clerk told me the were making room the new Radio Shack scanners from Uniden.

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Radio Shack 996XTsale

Got mine last month at Radio Shack in Marshall Michigan for $99 and a Pro-106 Hand held for $83. Last of each in a locked showcase. Lowest price lately at the local Shack was $229. It all depends on how bad the manager wants to clear it our. The day I bought mine I called Kalamazoo in the sme district as Marshall they still wanted $499.

Got me a 2nd one for $174.00. Awesome price!!!! Although I got a chuckle when the clerk told me the were making room the new Radio Shack scanners from Uniden.

Wthom100

Called around today and found a 996XT for $174 (Detroit area)!! Got 3 $10 coupons, and because I gave them my e-mail address I got another coupon for $10 off of a $25 or greater purchase.

I called a random 10 stores in the area - only 2 had one. The 1st one had one and quoted a price of $262. I was going to go ahead and buy that one but made several more calls. Found the other one and when I asked the price, he said $174 - brand new, in box, never used.

Will use those coupons to buy a 800 MHZ antenna, and whatever else looks interesting.

Although this 996XT is now a "old" model, I think it will still be useful in the years to come.

Got to keep calling - they are out there in your market.

Regards -

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I have 6 Radio Shack stores within 15 miles. Just called them all and no go for any type of clearance sales. Most did not have them in stock and prices quoted were between 449.00 and 499.00. South Jersey area.

Status
Not open for further replies.