How many here would trade a BC-245 for a free HP-2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaveNF2G

Well, it makes just as much sense as the other threads about refunds, etc.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I could be sitting on a gold mine here!

I mean, I paid HUNDREDS of DOLLARS!!!!11!!!!11!!!one!!!1 for each of my two 245s back in the day and it says right on the box "TUNE INTO YOUR FAVORITE POLICE, FIRE, EMERGENCY". The 700 MHz provincewide system (my favorite police/fire/emergency) won't come up on this radio. That's false advertising!!11!eleven!.

I don't think they even bothered to put the 700 MHz band in this thing. I demand they either release a firmware upgrade to fix this, or give me a brand new radio plus my HUNDREDS of DOLLARS back in compensation.

captncarp

Sorry Dave but I think I will keep my BC-245. It still works and sounds jusr fine. It doesn't have Alfa Tags but I come from a time when no scanner had them.
I have a HP-1 sitting in it's box so I have no interest in a HP-2.
You are right about the sillynIss that has invaded RR.

woody_46

IDK I don't see how poking fun at people who are upset helps anything... There are people that bought the radios because of the promised siren and analyze features nearly a year ago and they're still being told to be patient. Oh and yes I do have a 436.

kma371

QRT
IDK I don't see how poking fun at people who are upset helps anything... There are people that bought the radios because of the promised siren and analyze features nearly a year ago and they're still being told to be patient. Oh and yes I do have a 436.

Then they should have returned it for a refund. Complaining about it here isn't doing any good.

woody_46

Then they should have returned it for a refund. Complaining about it here isn't doing any good.

Complaining about it anywhere does not seem to be doing any good. I think many of them were patient in the beginning and the window of opportunity to get a refund passed. Luckily I didn't care about the missing features (siren was not available for the 436 anyways). I understand their frustration.

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber
Complaining about it anywhere does not seem to be doing any good. I think many of them were patient in the beginning and the window of opportunity to get a refund passed. Luckily I didn't care about the missing features (siren was not available for the 436 anyways). I understand their frustration.

True. However Jay911, a major Uniden fanboy, could not resist the opportunity to use sarcasm to mock others who have legitimate concerns about these issues, dredging up the same issue once again. Something he complains about when others do it.....

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
True. However Jay911, a major Uniden fanboy, could not resist the opportunity to use sarcasm to mock others who have legitimate concerns about these issues, dredging up the same issue once again. Something he complains about when others do it.....

What I find incredibly ironic is that YOU, of all people, are telling OTHERS to "move on" if they are not satisfied with their scanner...
Get a full refund and move on.

That's just too funny!!.... not to mention pretty sad at the same time.

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber
Not unlike all the Uniden lovers who fail to "move on" as well but get a pass .....like Jay911 above, but I guess my point was lost on you...

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
There has to actually BE a point first. Some logical consistency also helps one's credibility.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider

It was indeed sarcasm, but it appears to have been a little too highbrow for you. It was intended to point out how ridiculous you sound.

Voyager

Well, it makes just as much sense as the other threads about refunds, etc.

Tempting, but my 245 is modded to scan about 1000 channels per second. I lost the trunking capabilities, but the conventional scan is fantastic! :D
(and no loss of squelch sensitivity!)

I also have a discriminator mod done to it.

JANFINE

Premium Subscriber
BC245 from 1999 for HP-2

Your comparison only showed something about how your mind works.
NOT TOO WELL.

It was indeed sarcasm, but it appears to have been a little too highbrow for you. It was intended to point out how ridiculous you sound.

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber

Ahhh, indeed. However, you were not responding to me initially.

Highbrow? Most definitely. Not many of us mere mortals can ever hope to compete with you all knowing, all loving Uniden Fanboys.

D

DaveNF2G

I took Jay911's response in the same spirit as my original post. If the rest of you are offended, then I suggest you invest in some skin thickener.

Status
Not open for further replies.