UPMAN.. How are Home Patrol 2 sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3RADIO

Paul,

Curious to know how the Home Patrol 2 is selling? Has the terrible experience people have had with the x36 line hurt the bottom line?

Curious more than anything.. although I highly doubt I will get an answer.

bwilborn

Speak for yourself about the terrible experience with the 436. Mine has been pretty good.

-- B
N0QQQ

garys

Premium Subscriber
I'm happy with both of my x36HP scanners. I'll like the 536 even more when siren is available.

osros

Feed Provider
Dont see how you would get an answer. Their bottom line is there business I'm sure there or other ways to find out.

I had concerns at first but I pulled trigger on 436 and very happy with it so far.

cpfinlay

Feed Provider
No issues with the HP-2 (or the old HP-1, for that matter).

Very satisfied customer with the products and their support of them.

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
You people without issues should buy a lottery ticket. You're very lucky. Friends of mine, and myself, going back to the HP-1 train wreck I had, haven't been so lucky. RS sold a lot of Pro-651 and 652's to people who have had major issues with x36 and HP 1 & 2 scanners. I've dealt with GRE support on my PSR-800 before they went away, and Uniden with the HP-1 issues I had, and both were pretty sad, to be honest. Both claimed that nearly deaf (and nearly useless) radios sent to them "met specs" and were sent back with the same issues they went in with. The SD card issues both had were the breaking point for me, off they went.

Voyager

It's not that we should buy lottery tickets - it's that you should not buy them.

richf2295

Premium Subscriber
No problem with my 436 at all, very easy to set up and maintain databases. Not all scanner enthusiasts are engineers. Maybe you set your expectations a little too high?

cpfinlay

Feed Provider
You people without issues should buy a lottery ticket. You're very lucky.

I clearly understand your issues, but you and your friends issues hardly represent the vast majority of users/owners, so I cannot think that my lack of issues is either rare or unique enough to consider it luck.

Have a wonderful day, sir.

mrkelso

This thread makes me appreciate my GRE's :)

n9zas

I have since sold off my 436 and 536 to a fellow ham who said that i just didn't understand the radios. He has since sold off both radios because he couldn't stand them lol. He has since apologized to me for saying that i didn't understand the radios. My PSR-800 is enough radio for me.

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber
The problem with the topic of this thread, in the UNIDEN TAVERN, in the UNIDEN forums is that, based on my purely unscientific analysis of postings herein since the X36 line was released, is that most who populate are rabid Uniden Fanboys and girls. As a result, anyone posting negatively about these products will attract a horde of Uniden supporters. Just the nature of the beast, er, Uniden forum.

In all fairness, the same occurs on the GRE forum, etc.

I've been critical of Uniden and the X36 for reasons of quality control, early release, silly design in many facets of the radios, and blatant false advertising on features that are still not available. Features that jacked the 536 price to $599.00, on what should have been a starting list of $499.00 or less.

I own both X36 scanners. I do not own any of the current old GRE digital stuff or any of the new Whistler products. I DO continue to own older GRE scanners such as the Pro 2004, 2006, 2042 and Pro 43. All are still in full use today and work flawlessly,

I am neither a Uniden or GRE or Whistler or anything else fanboy. I am a fan of near perfect scanning receivers, and in their day, the above GRE models were near perfection, IMHO.

I also use my 536 and 436 every day, in between CONSTANTLY having to re-charge the 436 batteries, and constantly having to let them run to re-charge the silly, useless, clock function. They are both very good to excellent scanners and a marvel of engineering.

The sin lies in how they could have been so much better, and it's that reality coupled with missing features that drives my continued angst and frustration toward Uniden.

And as the clock ticks, ticks, ticks..........we still await the Siren App, Analyze features, etc.........

cpfinlay

Feed Provider
If the OP sincerely wanted to know how HP-2 sales were going, he could have simply asked that without throwing in his opinion about what he feels may impact those sales.

It came across as a disingenuous question, is what I am saying. I would not blame UPMAN at all for not answering, but not for the reasons insinuated by the OP.

SCPD

QRT
I would not blame UPMAN at all for not answering

Upman would likely never give this information out in this forum .... that is what I would call "business information that a company would never openly discuss".

You never want to give out information that could benefit the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.