BCD436HP Analyzing Like a Charm!

Status
Not open for further replies.

richard4537312

Premium Subscriber
For anyone who has not noticed, the firmware update has been released. My BCD436HP has learned new analyzing tricks with Version 1.05.01. Crank up Sentinel, find the USB cable, and give it a try!

Boatanchor

Maybe I'm blind, but where in the x36HP Sentinel is the Analyse function?

The only 'Analyse' my x36HP does is show 3 (next to useless) bargraghs.

Please, do tell..

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Boatanchor would not be happy if you gave him a sack of $100.00 bills he would be mad because he wants more. What he wants is a Motorola R2670A with all bells and whistles built in a scanner for $500.00

Hulca

Someone please a YouTube video of the analyze feature working in the 436 and 536. Thanks in advance!

Boatanchor

Boatanchor would not be happy if you gave him a sack of $100.00 bills he would be mad because he wants more. What he wants is a Motorola R2670A with all bells and whistles built in a scanner for $500.00

What kind of meds are you on?
You may want to consider lowering the dose a little :)

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Yes, you can choose a configured trunk system and tell it to analyze the control channel -- in which case it'll give you the typical control channel such as [on P25] RFSS / Zone, NAC, SysID. I've never used an HP, but I know this does not equate to what HP1 users have with hte Extreme Upgrade.

But, it's better than nothing.

What needs to happen is that you need to be able to just punch in 853.2375 and then press a single button to have it analyze the current freq you typed in. But, the chance of that happening is pretty slim.

One should not think of the 436 Analyze function as being a "trunked system analyzer" - it's not that. So don't get your hopes up.

Mike

wizski

Premium Subscriber
For anyone who has not noticed, the firmware update has been released. My BCD436HP has learned new analyzing tricks with Version 1.05.01. Crank up Sentinel, find the USB cable, and give it a try!
Can someone explain how to use these analyze functions? For example it keeps asking for a system name, but I cannot find what needs to be input in order to make the function analyze....

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Can someone explain how to use these analyze functions? For example it keeps asking for a system name, but I cannot find what needs to be input in order to make the function analyze....

If you have a trunked system in the radio programmed, just spell out the system. Normally, the radio reads the first couple of letters and gives you a choice

SOFA_KING

If you have a trunked system in the radio programmed, just spell out the system. Normally, the radio reads the first couple of letters and gives you a choice

And it has to be turned on and in range to even be selected. Any talkgroups no turned on, or selected as service types, will not be heard.

The LCN Finder does work, but is better utilized with RH536HP displaying on a computer what the analyzer is doing. It looks for 5 matches on each frequency before it concludes the LCN for each frequency. Sometimes it counts it wrong, and then gets stuck. Restart it if that happens. And if the first LCN channel, or last last LCN channel is missing (either a dead radio or missed in search), it will never finish the LCN process.

I just did a bunch of testing with these features today on the 536 and HP-1. Good features when they work.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.