X36 "huge, tremendous, fantastic feature addition"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOFA_KING

There was a glitch when going to the production version that disabled the serial mode fast start. We're going to release a new version that takes care of this, as well as the backlight bug, as well as a huge, tremendous, fantastic feature addition. Target is by the end of the month.

Taking this topic to its own thread, anyone want to guess what that will be? First thing I noticed is it's stated as singular, and not plural. Maybe a full blown "Analyze" effort this time?

I had hoped for conventional P25 Unit ID display with an option to skip over encrypted (ENC) transmissions. If they can do that now with trunked systems, and also with P25 One Frequency mode, this should be easy.

So, who wants to take a guess at what this "huge, tremendous, fantastic feature addition" is? :D

Phil

XTS3000

Upman saying ""huge, tremendous, fantastic feature addition", my guess is this feature is NOT a feature promised when the scanner first was released like missing features such as Andriod app, ad-hoc Wi-Fi, Analyze full features.

Seeing as the x36's already have the ability to decode two time slots in TDMA phase II, my guess this new feature will be Moto TRBO decode.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
I'm leaning towards it being AES256 decryption...but only if you're a ham. :p

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber
I heard that it will be a battery pack extender so that this "portable" scanner will actually run for more than two hours as a "portable".....

N9JIG

Sheriff
I could tell you what the new feature is but then I would have to kill you. Of course it would help if I actually knew what it was...

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
... could someone clarify for me... I have not applied the latest updates to the x36's as I don't use them due to not being able to see the display on the 436 or 536 but am I to understand that an update will be coming by the end of the month that will address the dim light on the display or am I misunderstanding this... thanks... Bob...

XTS3000

... could someone clarify for me... I have not applied the latest updates to the x36's as I don't use them due to not being able to see the display on the 436 or 536 but am I to understand that an update will be coming by the end of the month that will address the dim light on the display or am I misunderstanding this... thanks... Bob...

The dimming display is caused by components failing, something firmware can not "repair"

XTS3000

If there's one thing I've noticed about Upmans posts over the past years and years is he chooses his words very carefully. For him to use "Huge", "Tremendous", "Fantastic" speaks volumes in my book.

Feature Addition to me means a new feature, something that was not in previous firmwares and not a bug fix.

I'm still betting on Moto TRBO conventional decoding due to the explosion on DMR in ham.

Fireboat03

Pepsima1 Duplicate Account
Banned
If you are betting Moto TRBO or DMR for a Uniden Scanner is would have to pertain to a new radio coming out. This could never be a feature added to the X36 line of radios already out on the market.

Hopefully its a permanent fix to the Siren App to where it will work through the internet and be completely reliable

Voyager

Why not? It is technically possible. Although I too doubt it is a new mode addition.

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Could it be, Uniden has incorporated a new server, as promised which would work in conjunction with the siren app and allow iPad or iPhone to work away from home? That would be great!

wise871

Database Admin
Could it be, Uniden has incorporated a new server, as promised which would work in conjunction with the siren app and allow iPad or iPhone to work away from home? That would be great!

I'm sure the android users would be excited about this, I forgot, there still waiting on the app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XTS3000

That would be great news if your guess is correct! However that's not a "new" feature, but was supposed to be included with the scanner when released (or shortly after).

XTS3000

Why not? It is technically possible. Although I too doubt it is a new mode addition.

Seeing as the x36HP already have the proper 455khz filter to handle dual time slots, why not.

Do you have any guess as to the new feature?

wise871

Database Admin
Having Control Channel Only in search would be a huge, tremendous, fantastic feature addition. It's more realistic than wishing for TRBO or DMR.

SOFA_KING

DMR would definitely fit the bill, if you consider the magnitude of those rather bold words.

Could it be?

That certainly WOULD boost sales and turn the overall negative dark cloud over Uniden into a new sunshiny day.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.