DMR Trunk, DMR Conventional, DMR One Freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

Drumbum

Sometime when I get a chance I will watch the trunking vid, been trying to get a system going in my town, this post will keep my place unill I'm not working

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Sometime when I get a chance I will watch the trunking vid, been trying to get a system going in my town, this post will keep my place unill I'm not working

I forgot to add this on the trunking system. I couldn't do the Con+ but its the same setup as the Cap+

Drumbum

I finally got a chance to watch the trunk video,, very interesting, I'm going to try this this weekend,

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way, by looking at the FCC database, to figure out what freqs are part of the system? I've been trying to figure out the CAP+ system for Mid Del Schools in Oklahoma County, Oklahoma, WQKZ744. I get two different colors when monitoring, 1 on 154.4975 and a 6 on 152.8925. The rest of the freqs are just a guess and that's what I'm not getting. The second channel I got off of the Digital Frequency Database. I'm just not sure where to start to get relevant data to put an unknown system together.

I've been getting short, 4 second bursts on the 154 freq, but longer ones the 152 freq, as if it's a conversation. When using search in digital mode, I never hear anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way, by looking at the FCC database, to figure out what freqs are part of the system? I've been trying to figure out the CAP+ system for Mid Del Schools in Oklahoma County, Oklahoma, WQKZ744. I get two different colors when monitoring, 1 on 154.4975 and a 6 on 152.8925. The rest of the freqs are just a guess and that's what I'm not getting. The second channel I got off of the Digital Frequency Database. I'm just not sure where to start to get relevant data to put an unknown system together.

I've been getting short, 4 second bursts on the 154 freq, but longer ones the 152 freq, as if it's a conversation. When using search in digital mode, I never hear anything.

If it's Conventional Mode it will show DMR (Not trunking system). If you See Cap+ or Con+ it's a Trunking System. On FCC License will say if Conventional or Trunking (will not say if cap or con).

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I used this database, not sure if it has the ones your looking for, United States Digital Mobile Radio (DMR) Frequency Search
If your using a 436 or 536 there is a video that helped me tremendously a user on Radio Reference made ,

That is good the video helped out. I was using the 536hp. The link you posted shows all DMR in your area but won't show DMR Cap+ or Con+. I've used that link a few times months ago.

Drumbum

If you put it in like guy in video did the info will say cap or con
d260d760de663f576e85efa7956690d5.jpg

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
If you put it in like guy in video did the info will say cap or con
d260d760de663f576e85efa7956690d5.jpg

That is Con+. You'll need to make a New System with MotoTRBO Trunk. Make sure you got all the freqs with color codes so you can do the LCN Finder.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
I used this database, not sure if it has the ones your looking for, http://www.digitalfrequencysearch.com/Search/DMR.html
If your using a 436 or 536 there is a video that helped me tremendously a user on Radio Reference made ,

I have all those. So am I to assume that all the freqs listed for each license are the ones that make up that system, or just some of them? How do you know which ones?

Drumbum

Bravo 14, sorry I was working 2 threads at once, this is the one with you video, it did help out, I will ask same question I did in the other thread, I found a site one shown in my pic and a site 2 on a different frequency, would I assume they are seperate trunk site control channels since a connect + don't have a floating rest channel ? Am I thinking on the right lines here?

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I have all those. So am I to assume that all the freqs listed for each license are the ones that make up that system, or just some of them? How do you know which ones?

If all the freqs you have for that one system than you'll need to put all the freqs in the same system. When doing LCN Finder make all Freqs LCN 0 when that's done than it may take a mint or hours for auto correct to work.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Bravo 14, sorry I was working 2 threads at once, this is the one with you video, it did help out, I will ask same question I did in the other thread, I found a site one shown in my pic and a site 2 on a different frequency, would I assume they are seperate trunk site control channels since a connect + don't have a floating rest channel ? Am I thinking on the right lines here?

If other freq show site 2 on a different freq than its a 2 site system. Rest Channel has nothing to do with Control Channels. Rest Channel is LSN if programming by 2 way radios. If scanner it will be LCN.

Drumbum

Ok thanks, should I seperate into 2 separate systems or keep site one and site 2 in same system then find LCNs I meant to ask, this is my first venture in the trunked DMR setup

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Ok thanks, should I seperate into 2 separate systems or keep site one and site 2 in same system then find LCNs I meant to ask, this is my first venture in the trunked DMR setup

You'll need to make 1 System 2 different sites. Example the system would be what ever name it would be. Under the Edit Site you can add the 2 sites. Make sure you put what freqs that goes into Site 1 and freqs that goes to site 2. If you put all the freqs into 1 site it will not work cause LCN will not do its job.

Drumbum

Thanks a lot. If it wasn't for your video I wouldn't have even gotten that far, I just have to find what frequencys go to what sites now and do the LCN find and 2 months of trying should be solved, thanks again!

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Thanks a lot. If it wasn't for your video I wouldn't have even gotten that far, I just have to find what frequencys go to what sites now and do the LCN find and 2 months of trying should be solved, thanks again!

No problem. I'll keep a eye out on here if you get stuck I can make a video on how to set up a Trunk System from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.