RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > Uniden Forums > The Uniden Tavern

The Uniden Tavern - For general chit-chat and non-technical discussion specific to Uniden and does not fall within the above forum topics. This is not the forum to get technical advice from.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-28-2018, 5:23 AM

Talking

It came home yesterday & its ready to go to work with me
Sponsored links
Old 02-28-2018, 10:24 AM

Received my 436 today.
It has been a good experience for me.

Door to door, it took 39 days.
Very happy with that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-28-2018, 3:59 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Uniden Repair

I just got an email my scanner BCD536HP was received, sent into repair center. So far so good. I will advise when I get it back but I'm thinking a month or so? No worries.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:06 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

For those who have sent their scanners in for repair - remain vigilant on it's return.
Luckily for me, I'm signed up for UPS MyChoice - so I received notification that the unit was en route back to me. However, it was missing my Unit number. Since I pay for UPS MyChoice, I was able to 'deliver it to another address' - my own, just with the unit number.

I peeled off the UPS relabel, and verified on the original label that the Unit number was missing, and the wrong phone number is on the label. I can't imagine what would've happened if the package went missing.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:20 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Sent a 536 out for a fading display and selector knob issue on 2-1-18, Uniden received it on 2-7-18, received an email today it's being returned and should be here by 3-8-18.

Logged on to check what repair(s) were done and part(s) used and no updates. When will I expect to see an update?
Sponsored links
Old 03-07-2018, 8:36 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Sent mine they received it February 6th with a estimated ship date of March 6th and that is exactly when it was shipped. As stated on the Web site it usually takes 14-20 business days which means Monday through Friday they had mine for 20 days total.Not bad in my opinion.
Old 03-07-2018, 9:24 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by werinshades View Post
Sent a 536 out for a fading display and selector knob issue on 2-1-18, Uniden received it on 2-7-18, received an email today it's being returned and should be here by 3-8-18.

Logged on to check what repair(s) were done and part(s) used and no updates. When will I expect to see an update?
I logged in this morning, and ticket was updated. 24 hours if anyone else was wondering.
Old 03-07-2018, 4:06 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Smile Repaired

No complaints I already have my 536 back!! 2/25 to 3/7 not bad at all!! Thank You UNIDEN!
Old 03-07-2018, 7:56 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Wonder if I could send in my BC-300 from 1980? Dim display, A/C hum, old and busted.
Old 03-07-2018, 8:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrogoth13 View Post
Wonder if I could send in my BC-300 from 1980? Dim display, A/C hum, old and busted.
They might not recognize it.

Mark
536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others
Old 03-07-2018, 9:26 PM
Mentor
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrogoth13 View Post
If you use the Repair Status link on Uniden's webpage, repair service is not available for your BC300. You might contact G & G to see if they would take a shot at it.
Old 03-08-2018, 3:44 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:

Quote:
I logged in this morning, and ticket was updated. 24 hours if anyone else was wondering.
Just received it...sort of. Was keeping an eye out all day as per the Fed Ex website it was on the truck and would be by the end of the day. Unusually quiet day on my block as many UPS and Fed Ex deliveries take place, but not today. Around 2:50 PM I noticed a Fed Ex truck down the block stop, but sadly passed my house. Logged in and said it was "delivered, left on porch". I was pi**ed! Took a walk down the block and my neighbor yells, "hey, I was just going to call you I have a package". His address is **14, mine is **32...about 5 house difference. He told me the Fed Ex guy "just threw this box on my porch" and drove off. My anxiety and anger grew thinking if "this is damaged, I'm really going to be pi**"!

Brought it home, opened it up and have to say big thanks to the repair folks as the scanner was wrapped up in bubble wrap and packaged with more paper...whew! No knobs broken etc.

Happy to report fading back light fixed (Now a easy-to-read cyan like my newer 536), and VFO knob replaced as per my request (It had a mind of it's own sometimes). SD card still in there (Forgot to take it out ( , AC adapter wrapped up nice looked like it was brand new again.

One thing I did notice, the display seemed a little "laggy" until I turned the contrast back to 15. On the newer model, contrast doesn't have to be set as high. All working well...

Total turnaround time was 30 days from Uniden's "receipt" of unit till it's back in your hands.
Old 03-08-2018, 6:40 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiegtx View Post
If you use the Repair Status link on Uniden's webpage, repair service is not available for your BC300. You might contact G & G to see if they would take a shot at it.
I'm tempted to shoot it myself.
Old 03-14-2018, 1:00 AM

Thanks for posting this. It has been very useful.