RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Tech Support

Uniden Tech Support - For discussion of all technical aspects of current or future Uniden scanners.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-20-2014, 9:29 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I connected the 536 to my Dell Venue Pro 8 which is running Win 8.1 Pro using the StarTech adapter I mentioned earlier with FTDI chipset and it's running fine with the ARC536PRO beta. It didn't even ask for a driver.
Sponsored links
Old 03-20-2014, 10:41 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvil View Post
I connected the 536 to my Dell Venue Pro 8 which is running Win 8.1 Pro using the StarTech adapter I mentioned earlier with FTDI chipset and it's running fine with the ARC536PRO beta. It didn't even ask for a driver.
Ok, thanks much for that info. Think Ill order one.
Old 03-21-2014, 6:12 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPMan View Post
2. Until we can determine what conditions result in the scanner rebooting under USB Serial mode, this is the best solution. It can take from hours to days for the symptom to occur, and no one has yet isolated a specific, reliable way to duplicate the issue. That kind of bug can be extremely difficult (and time consuming) to track down.
Paul, I wish you could track down my original scanner which I sent back to you a couple weeks ago. I think it would be a great test specimen as this problem occurred very regularly. It was S/N 375Z38002103.

www.frederickscanner.com
Old 03-21-2014, 2:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenlr View Post
Are you using Windows 8.1? The prolific drivers wont work on 8.1, so I was hoping to find another chipset that will, since I have a card coming, but really dont want to use my last slot in the computer for it.
Actually, they do work with windows 8.1. It probably has more to do with the discrete components that make up a specific computer. The prolific drivers fixed the problem I was having with my Surface Pro 2.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveJam View Post
Paul, I wish you could track down my original scanner which I sent back to you a couple weeks ago. I think it would be a great test specimen as this problem occurred very regularly. It was S/N 375Z38002103.
im running into to this usb issue on my new unit as well very frustrating
SN: 375Z48006XXX
Sponsored links