Programming Marine band difficulty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose

I've only had minor setbacks in learning how to program my local Public Safety freqs from the Master Database onto the BCH536HP, however I'm stuck now somehow trying to monitor the Marine Band. I was able to set it up as a favorite list with its own quick key, but for the life of me I cannot get it scanned. I can have it as the only Favorite list that is turned on and the scanner will still say Scan Mode. Nothing to scan. Any suggestions?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Do you have the "Other" and "Federal" service types enabled? Assuming you made your FL from the main dB, that is how they are tagged.

lamarrsy

Premium Subscriber
Yes,
"Other" and "federal", don't try to find "marine", you won't find it either.
... And don't try to find the marine channel number, as they're neither identified anywhere in these preformatted freqs.
That's why it's a good thing you can "flush" those generic freqs lists that are not well made and replace them with your own.
Too bad we still cannot create our own service types for services as basic and universal as "marine"... One day, maybe... !

lamarrsy

Premium Subscriber
Ok thanks Upman.
So it means US and Canadian marine freqs lists are different: I had the "Marine Channels - CAN" loaded and there's no marine channel numbers displayed in neither of the screen lines (on the BCD436HP, that is), thus my comment about creating own marine list as the other is useless if you need to know the channels numbers ---unless I've missed something---.

Sylvain.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Canadian have Transportaion as service type
Us has Other or Federal

Rather inconsistent.

Also - on a HP1 - there is no way to display channel numbers without your own favprite list

Status
Not open for further replies.