BCT15X: Not picking up channels now

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcanemirage

I have a Uniden BCT15-X that I really like using. It is hooked up in my car and was working great. Last weekend a friend was riding with me and she put her arm against it (between the seats), it beeped a couple of times and now won't pick up channels, I completely reset it and programmed all the frequencies back into it like before. For some reason now, it will just scan and not pick anything up. I definitely checked all the wires and antenna to make sure nothing got damaged. Am I missing something? It seems to still have the latest firmware as well (1.03). Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

JamesO

Maybe the Global Attenuator was turned on??

Suggest you try to perform a Weather scan or program a FM broadcast station that is close to see if you can receive anything.

Once you know you can receive a Weather channel or FM station, then move on from there.

n4yek

Try removing your coax from the scanner and just push a coat hanger into the center of the connector.
If you start receiving again, the coax connector is shorting out from your antenna.
Just a thought.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
I'm going with the antenna/BNC on this one also. When you said you checked the wires and the antenna, exactly what do you mean? Do you have another spare antenna you can try, preferrably a duck type so there is no coax involved?

arcanemirage

I tried 2 other antennas and still nothing..not even the weather is being picked up. Seems wierd. I don't know if this makes any difference either but I program manually as I have a MAC so its not easy to find software for me. The fact that I can't even get weather is really odd. I have all the same stuff programmed in my BC346XTC and it works just fine.

Last edited:

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Take the cover off and check to see if the BNC RF wire got disconnected from the BNC jack.

CQdeKS1E

static zap

Was it an exceptionally cold, dry day? Sounds like an rf stage got blown! In which case, your radio might be today!

arcanemirage

Now what?

I took the case off and it looks like there's like eight more screws that I need to take out to take the whole thing apart. Is that correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.