436 dont get it

Status
Not open for further replies.

freqs

I don't understand this at all .I followed the manual .Iam picking up vary little I get about 3 tg a few times .my 106 sitting next to it picking up all kinds of stuff what am I doing wrong
this is way over my head

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I don't understand this at all .I followed the manual .Iam picking up vary little I get about 3 tg a few times .my 106 sitting next to it picking up all kinds of stuff what am I doing wrong
this is way over my head

What system are you trying to listen to? Do you have the 436hp have a Favorite List?

redburgundy

Premium Subscriber
Sentinel|Edit|Edit Profile|Service Types
Make sure they're checked for the ones you want to listen to.

JamesO

The problem with the HP series of scanners is software "filters".

Everything from Range Control and Service Type basically "limit" what you can hear if not configured properly. This on top of not fully understanding Quick Group keys.

It takes a while to get things organized and figured out on these scanners.

Might want to make sure the Master Database is updated and start with using your Zipcode to configure scanner so you know what is can monitor, then work your way into running Favorite Lists and make sure if you manually configure Favorite Lists that you set the Service Type to something other than the default "Custom 1".

BHinAZ

Because you can't figure it out, we shouldn't buy it?? Um no, sorry.

I initially thought the subject description was saying not to buy the scanner, but then concluded he is saying he is not "getting it", meaning he is not "understanding it". That is consistent with the detail of the post describing the complexity of the scanner.

JamesO

Also forgot to add that you have to "enable" Favorites List to scan.

Under "Set Scan Selection" choose "Select Lists To Monitor".

Most of time I have "Full Database" and "Search with Scan" turned OFF.

Again, big learning curve with the HP series of radios, I am still trying to figure them out.

I think setting up a Start Up Key for a "Default" configuration when learning the scanner might help some folks? This way if you paint yourself in the corner, you can just power the scanner down, hold the Start Up Key to load your "Default" configuration.

This is WAY easier said than done as there are a LOT of key configurations to memorize and recall how to use.

Again, this is a helpful resource to use for these scanners, but not enough "examples".

Search YouTube, there are a number of helpful videos on how to use some of the scanner features.

Status
Not open for further replies.