Rebanding question

Status
Not open for further replies.

teufler

Are rebanding tables necessary for the 396xt or the 996xt.? I download the AMRER system from Minn. in small print it is said that it is rebanded, not the normal announcement in Yellow. Others I have downloaded, if its a reband system, the tables with the reband info are included. I have read that the 396xt and the 996xt with the latest firmware, reband settings are not needed as the radio gets the needed info from the control channel. Now if you enter reband info, which is not needed, is that wrong?

teufler

well the computer presented me with the question. AWMER, in Minnesota, RR sys its rebanded but they list no rebanding info, yet other sites that say reband, jave infornation to program. Then Uniden, in the WIKI sites, say 396xt and 996xt do not need reband info, its in the firmware. But if you enter reband info where its not required, is this wrong. I have also read that if we adjust parameters for the radio, rather than let the radio decide what to do, better radio results occur. Just a mystery about the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.