Streaming with the Bcd536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tryton

Hello All,

I need some guidance. I just bought the 536.. I just ordered the serial cable to use for the back port (font usb port in not reliable). I currently stream with 2 996xt's.. Easy enough with the line out. Since this model excludes one (Stupid), I need to know what type of audio cable plus any other device I need to get to have clear reliable. I would like to use the rear Speaker out if possible. Thanks in advance.. If I posted this in the wrong forum, i apologize

SCPD

QRT
audio

I would install my own wire from this point to the center pin of an RCA jack and the other part to ground on the radio.Shown is bottom half of radio.

The black arrow shows the AUDIO OUT

The yellow is the discriminator tap.

Hope this helps.

OPTION # 2 you can get a 3.5mm to RCA cable and put the volume at minimum if you dont want to open the radio...

Amazon.com: Mediabridge 3.5mm Male to 2-Male RCA Adapter (6 Feet) - Step Down Design for iPhone, iPod, Smartphone, Tablet and MP3 Cases: Electronics

Attachments

• audio.jpg
    audio.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 702
  • ARCA.jpg
    ARCA.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 465
  • AUDIO OPTION 2.jpg
    AUDIO OPTION 2.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 457
Last edited:

Tryton

Wow, more than I expected! I need to be able to plug into a usb soundcard, Guess I'm not sure what 3.5mm cable to get.. I'm thinking a mono cable with the tip hot. Will that work?
PS. That audio tap is line level?

mitbr

Wow, more than I expected! I need to be able to plug into a usb soundcard, Guess I'm not sure what 3.5mm cable to get.. I'm thinking a mono cable with the tip hot. Will that work?
PS. That audio tap is line level?

Hey Tryton how ya doin.

Make sure you isolate the mono plug from ground or you will short out the audio amp in the 536hp.
Use the speaker out jack as it is mono.
RS makes a line isolator google it.
Are you going to run your current feed with the new scanner?
Tim

Tryton

Hi Tim, Yes I will be replacing the 996xt for largo, st pete feed.. as it is now its really bad. I will have to but another 536 for the fire and EMS. as that is the most important feed. I will say the 536 is SOOOO much better at decoding the p25. I can actually listen to the scanner again!

Status
Not open for further replies.