New Scanner Functiion + Numbers Doesn't Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

poppafred

I just got a new BCD536HP scanner this week. I had a couple of channels that were apparently picking up birdies from electronics close by but when I press the function button and then number key 4, all it does is beep three times. I had to go into the programming with ARC536Pro to attenuate those frequencies. Now, everything works fine. But why doesn't the function + number work?

Did I get a lemon?

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I think you have to hold on the channel before you attenuate or use IFX. Press the white Channel key first before the Func+4 or Func+7.

jturner0829

Premium Subscriber
i was able to press F+4 to turn on while holding but when i tried to turn it back of while holding it wouldnt work. had to turn the ATT off with software. maybe a bug?

Voyager

Was this an immediate toggle? Remember that the FUNC button is sticky for several seconds, so it this was an immediate toggle, hitting the FUNC button turned it back off (and you will get a '4' entry on the display).

Mine works fine. Toggle on - pause for func timeout - toggle off.

Or, I can hit FUNC - 4 - 4 and watch it toggle on then off.

jturner0829

Premium Subscriber
i made sure the "F" was showing in upper corner before pressing 4. it would show up on screen and show on/off but it wouldnt accually turn it off. i know it was still on because with it on i have no bars on the signal but with it off i have 4 or 5 bars.

Voyager

I just programmed a conventional channel (the semi-local WX channel), made sure it was receiving, held it, hit FUNC-4, and it disappeared below the squelch. I hit FUNC-4 again and it returned to the original signal level.

Not sure why you aren't seeing similar operation.

ARC536PRO

My question is once I download trunked frequencies to this software how to I transfer it from arc536pro to my uniden BCD436HP scanner? I also have sentinel software but don't see an option for trunked frequencies there.

Emoney250

Interesting you bring up the Function + number key glitch. Maybe I am doing it wrong, but I still haven't got the Wx channels to come on on my 536. While scanner is in ACTIVE scan mode, I press FUNC knob, then Wx number key and I get NOTHING. I gave up along time ago trying to figure out how to use that Wx function scan option.

WQPW689

Interesting you bring up the Function + number key glitch. Maybe I am doing it wrong, but I still haven't got the Wx channels to come on on my 536. While scanner is in ACTIVE scan mode, I press FUNC knob, then Wx number key and I get NOTHING. I gave up along time ago trying to figure out how to use that Wx function scan option.

Yeah, that had me scratching my head for a while too.

You have to throw it into HOLD (press CHANNEL button), hit FUNC, then press and hold Wx(6) for a good two seconds. It'll go into weather scan. A momentary press and release won't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.