SD Card Access Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I just turned on my 536 and it at first gave me an SD Card File Error. So I hooked up the scanner to Sentinel, and I couldn't read the scanner at all. Now, the scanner is giving me an SD Card Access Error message.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You may try ejecting and re-inserting the card. If that doesn't solve the problem, perhaps the following thoughts may be helpful:

Do you have a card reader capability on your computer? If so, you could try reading the card this way. That might determine whether the card is corrupted.

A number of folks have had issues with SD card corruption. Replacement has typically been the fix. Fortunately SD cards are inexpensive. Setting up a replacement card isn't difficult.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
You may try ejecting and re-inserting the card. If that doesn't solve the problem, perhaps the following thoughts may be helpful:

Do you have a card reader capability on your computer? If so, you could try reading the card this way. That might determine whether the card is corrupted.

A number of folks have had issues with SD card corruption. Replacement has typically been the fix. Fortunately SD cards are inexpensive. Setting up a replacement card isn't difficult.

I tried removing then reinserting the card and that didn't do anything. I turned it on this morning and noticed that it now gives me an "SD Card File Error".

As for the card reader capability, I can read a standard size SD card, but not Micro SD.

There was an incident that I had a few weeks ago. I turned on the scanner and it froze in the "Loading Database" phase. It wouldn't even turn off. I ended up having to disconnect the AC adapter and then plug it back in again. After that, it was fine.

I don't know if this is significant or not, but I have had that scanner for almost exactly one year now.

Voyager

Sounds like a bad card. Many MicroSD cards come with a standard SD card adapter, so make sure you get one of those and you will be fine.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I agree. Time for new card which usually comes with adapter. If you can get old card going via computer connecting, then you have a spare and that is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.