HP 1 What program do I need??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeRayCodA

I am wanting to add some "oddball" freqs in my Homepatrol 1,that are NOT in the database.Will the Extreme Upgrade let me manually add these?? Or, do I need ARC Patrol?? I have a LOT of these freqs,and was in disbelief when I got acquainted with this unit,only to find I cannot add some of the freqs not listed.I have been into scanning for 30yrs.Any help appreciated.Thanx!

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I am wanting to add some "oddball" freqs in my Homepatrol 1,that are NOT in the database.Will the Extreme Upgrade let me manually add these?? Or, do I need ARC Patrol?? I have a LOT of these freqs,and was in disbelief when I got acquainted with this unit,only to find I cannot add some of the freqs not listed.I have been into scanning for 30yrs.Any help appreciated.Thanx!

You can easily add frequencies that are not in the database by using the free Sentinel software that comes with the Home Patrol.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
The extreme upgrade will allow you to enter those frequencies on the scanner without using a computer if that is what you want to do, but using the Sentinel is a lot easier.

Don't pay extra for ARC when the Sentinel is free. It also allows you to update the database and the firmware as well.

lep

Don't pay extra for ARC when the Sentinel is free. It also allows you to update the database and the firmware as well.

ARC has several features NOT found in Sentinel such as displaying the "virtual scanner" on the screen of your PC. In my personal setup I have multiple windows open at once showing not only a virtual BCD996XT monitoring a nearby 700 MHz P-25 system but an HP-1 monitoring my local 800 MHz trunked system. I've noticed with interest that some scanner users will pay $$$ hundreds for the hardware but resent paying $50 for the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.