RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Tech Support

Uniden Tech Support - For discussion of all technical aspects of current or future Uniden scanners.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-21-2015, 3:35 AM

Default HP 1 What program do I need??

I am wanting to add some "oddball" freqs in my Homepatrol 1,that are NOT in the database.Will the Extreme Upgrade let me manually add these?? Or, do I need ARC Patrol?? I have a LOT of these freqs,and was in disbelief when I got acquainted with this unit,only to find I cannot add some of the freqs not listed.I have been into scanning for 30yrs.Any help appreciated.Thanx!
Sponsored links
Old 04-21-2015, 4:30 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeRayCodA View Post
I am wanting to add some "oddball" freqs in my Homepatrol 1,that are NOT in the database.Will the Extreme Upgrade let me manually add these?? Or, do I need ARC Patrol?? I have a LOT of these freqs,and was in disbelief when I got acquainted with this unit,only to find I cannot add some of the freqs not listed.I have been into scanning for 30yrs.Any help appreciated.Thanx!
You can easily add frequencies that are not in the database by using the free Sentinel software that comes with the Home Patrol.
Old 04-21-2015, 5:48 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

The extreme upgrade will allow you to enter those frequencies on the scanner without using a computer if that is what you want to do, but using the Sentinel is a lot easier.

Don't pay extra for ARC when the Sentinel is free. It also allows you to update the database and the firmware as well.
Old 04-21-2015, 6:59 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by W8RMH View Post

Don't pay extra for ARC when the Sentinel is free. It also allows you to update the database and the firmware as well.
ARC has several features NOT found in Sentinel such as displaying the "virtual scanner" on the screen of your PC. In my personal setup I have multiple windows open at once showing not only a virtual BCD996XT monitoring a nearby 700 MHz P-25 system but an HP-1 monitoring my local 800 MHz trunked system. I've noticed with interest that some scanner users will pay $$$ hundreds for the hardware but resent paying $50 for the software.
Old 04-21-2015, 8:09 AM

Ahhh...YES,I just now found how to do it.Thank you everyone
Sponsored links