536hp Phase 2 problems, need some help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hth999

Hello to all:

I am new to scanning, so please bear with me. Have a Whistler 1095 that decodes P2, that displays the word " patch" on the 2nd line next to TGRP. The 536 will not decode this transmission. However, when my 1095 receives a Phase 2 transmission WITHOUT the " patch " phrase, the 536 picks it up with no problems.

These are from the Clearwater PD here in Florida. There are 3 dispatches ( Beach, East, and West ) All come in strong. Funny thing is the " Beach " dispatch never displays the " patch " phrase on the WS1095, so the 536 picks up the P2 with no problem.

After 4-5 PM the " patch " phrase disappears on the WS1095, and then the 536 does indeed receive all 3 P2 dispatch units.

Any suggestions on how I can receive the P2 transmissions on the 536 when the " patch " phrase is displayed on the WS1095? Seems like the 536 just skips right over the transmission.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

hth999

Hello All:

Never mind. Seems the Clearwater PD might have been testing P2 the last several days, but I turned my scanner on this afternoon and they were back to P1. Looks like sometime in the near future they may go to P2 exclusively. Can't find any local info about it. Thanks for everyone who took a look at my post.

Hal

troymail

Silent Key
From what I've been reading, Clearwater establishes patches at various times but the TGID of the patch is random. On the Uniden, I believe you need to use "ID Search" mode verses "ID Scan" to receive these random TGIDs.

hth999

I wanted to thank you for your suggestion. It worked! I changed the 536 to " ID Search " this morning. I then had my Whistler 1095 running side by side with the 536. When the word " patch " came up on the 1095, the 536 indeed received the transmission. The 536 screen is a little different, in that it says " TGID Unknown " and the Alert light does not come on, but that's okay. I monitored for about 30 minutes, and the transmissions were very readable. These were P2 transmission.
Clearwater PD is strange, yesterday when I listened, they were using only P1, but this morning they are back to P2.
It's fairly simple to change the 536 to " ID Search" First you can do it in the Sentinel software, and click on edit Favorites. I found you can do it on the 536 very easy and on the fly. You need to be actively searching one of your favorites, then press Function then press E or yes on the keypad. This toggles back and forth between " ID Scan" or " ID Search " Very simple to do, and it worked for me.
Thanks again!

Hal

Status
Not open for further replies.