RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Tech Support

Uniden Tech Support - For discussion of all technical aspects of current or future Uniden scanners.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2018, 5:42 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Or maybe the regulations, red tape, and customs paperwork make it much more difficult to track an international shipment due to having to switch carriers at the border in some cases. Try ordering something from China and see what kind of tracking you get before the package enters the destination country.
Old 05-05-2018, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddrousa View Post
Not sure what went wrong in your case but mine was 2 days UPS to Texas 2 Days in Texas and UPS 2 Days back to me in my hands. Fixed right no problems.

I am in CANADA

BCD436HP ...BCD-396XT......BCD-996XT.....PRO-96......BC-760XLT.....BC-200XLT
Old 05-05-2018, 7:53 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I can read and you would have the same problem with Whistler on shipping.
Old 05-05-2018, 11:43 PM
Uniden Representative
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
UPMAN replied to 1 of my posts ( #'s 1559..1565..1569) on April 26th telling me that my radio was going to be shipped that day.

Well, what I said was "Your scanner is in line to be shipped back to you, today." meaning that as of that day is was in line to be shipped, not that it would ship that day (although I can certainly understand that it sounded like it). I got that information from the Repair Status page that you had access to...and worded it the way I did because I'd basically cut/pasted that status from the repair status page without thinking too much about editing for more clarity (I'll try to remember to fix the ambiguity on future similar updates). Not sure why you could not see that status update. I have no "secret" way to get an update beyond what you can see, so it should have been available and visible to you.

Caleb does not have any ability to see the tracking number from TX to Canada. He can see only the same repair status page that you have access to (and that I have access to). Of course, the shipment is tracked to Canada, but our system only allows for a single tracking number on a repair record, so we put the tracking number that tracks to your door. If a shipment were to go missing on its way to Canada, our repair shipping desk would have the information necessary to track it through the carrier.
For better help, tell us specifically what you are trying to scan.
Old 05-10-2018, 6:22 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Question re, `436HP, "your unit has been shipped" email of 5/9/2018 and a question.

Intresting development on my `436HP which i sent in for repair of the RTC battery, yesterday (5/9/2018) i recieved an email that read, "your unit has been shipped, please check the main status page for tracking number, if availible". Intrestingly enough, i did check that main status page (the repair status page actually) and it STILL reads, "4/20/2018 your unit has been recieved." So, there`s no tracking number unfortunately. Only things i can think of that this means is one, my scanner has shipped already (meaning it`s somewhere in transit) and the it beat the email to me), or two, my scanner is in line to be shipped and this is just the default email that is sent out regardless of wether it`s actually, so to speak, on the racks and being loaded on the truck to be shipped or still sitting waiting to be put on an outbounder for shipping. Ether way this is what i call from work an ineffiency, they`ve told me my scanner has been shipped, but provide no tracking number so i can actually see if my unit is on it`s way back to me, like i said, intresting. Question for the scanner geeks on here, can i take the SD card from my (somewhere in shipping limbo) `436HP and pop it into a new `436HP? Reason i ask is i`m thinking on snagging another unit as a backup to this `un in case i have to send it in again (hopefully not, fingers crossed). Also, are the DMR & NXDN keys i purchased stored on the scanner or the SD card? If they`re in the scanner it`s no biggie, i`ll just repurchase `em, if they`re on the SD then we could have a problem when i put the card in the (backup) scanner as the keys won`t match the new unit. Thoughts? Thanx! N9NRA
Sponsored links
Old 05-10-2018, 6:27 AM
Uniden Representative
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I just looked and it shows a tracking #. Maybe you were looking at a cached page?

Scheduled Delivery:

Monday, 05/14/2018 , By End of Day

Last Location:

Departed - Ft Worth, TX, United States, Thursday, 05/10/2018

(from UPS tracking page)

You'll need to re-enter the original upgrade keys (new logic board is part of the repair, but it is set to the original ESN/Checksum, so the original keys still work).

You can pop in the SD card.
Old 05-10-2018, 6:58 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPMan View Post
I just looked and it shows a tracking #. Maybe you were looking at a cached page?

Scheduled Delivery:

Last Location:

(from UPS tracking page)

You'll need to re-enter the original upgrade keys (new logic board is part of the repair, but it is set to the original ESN/Checksum, so the original keys still work).

Hey thanx Upman ! Found my tracking number just fine. Thanx for the help. 73. N9NRA
Old 05-13-2018, 5:49 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by N9NRA View Post
Hey thanx Upman ! Found my tracking number just fine. Thanx for the help. 73. N9NRA

Finally got my 436 shipped a few days ago
Tracking shows itís in Denton tx this am
My 536 was in and out in just a couple of days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCD536HP, BCD436HP, BCD996XT, 2 TRX-1's , PRO-96
Old 05-13-2018, 6:33 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Bob how does FW19 work on D7 NXDN?
Old 05-13-2018, 8:28 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddrousa View Post
Bob how does FW19 work on D7 NXDN?

Donít know lol I wonít be home for another month
Iím an over the road truck driver only get home every couple of months

Old 05-15-2018, 7:23 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:

Scheduled Delivery:

Last Location:

(from UPS tracking page)

Hey Paul any way u might check ref # 8972
Was delivered a few days ago to uniden but status page is still showing that a label is ready to be printed itís like you donít know it was shipped

Thanks

Old 05-16-2018, 7:59 AM
Uniden Representative
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

It has not yet been received by repair. That means, while it may have been delivered to the building, it has not yet been logged in by the repair department (the repair department resides as a tenant in the building and packages are not necessarily delivered daily). This does not delay repair, it just delays logging. There is always a queue of items in for repair...as items are logged in, they are added to the queue.
Old 05-16-2018, 8:58 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Id like to say Thank you to UPMan and Uniden in general.
I sent my 436 in a few weeks ago and i was surprised when i got it back in a week.
Old 05-16-2018, 9:02 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

So a question for Paul -- touched my 536 for the first time in a long time recently and noticed (and was reminded) that because of the defects, it now has a "3 year warranty".... this made me wonder -- since both the 436 and 536 were sent in and repaired at the same time under this program, does the 436 also have that 3 year warranty (and are these 3 years warranties from the date of purchase or the date of repair)?
Old 05-16-2018, 10:56 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
It has not yet been received by repair. That means, while it may have been delivered to the building, it has not yet been logged in by the repair department (the repair department resides as a tenant in the building and packages are not necessarily delivered daily). This does not delay repair, it just delays logging. There is always a queue of items in for repair...as items are logged in, they are added to the queue.

Received an email this pm that it was received and is in the repair queue
You guys rock
Thank you

Tags
recalled, uniden