RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Tech Support

Uniden Tech Support - For discussion of all technical aspects of current or future Uniden scanners.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2018, 10:10 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDesi90 View Post
Ok newbie question here.
I just purchased a BCD436HP & it hasn't even arrived yet. Is this issue fixed in the new scanners? Does this issue affect all of the scanners? What exactly can I expect?
Thanks for any info
It should not be a issue unless it is old stock.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:20 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Ok thank you!
I have no idea if it's old stock (I wonder if a serial number might help). I purchased it from Amazon just yesterday after my area went P25 Phase 2 & my HomePatrol 1 wouldn't work with their new system. Hoping for the best
Old 08-01-2018, 10:46 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

If you bought it off Amazon, the odds are pretty slim that the unit has been sitting on the shelf for more than 2 years.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDesi90 View Post
Ok thank you!
I have no idea if it's old stock (I wonder if a serial number might help). I purchased it from Amazon just yesterday after my area went P25 Phase 2 & my HomePatrol 1 wouldn't work with their new system. Hoping for the best
Look at the digit after the Z in the serial number. If it is 5 or smaller, it would be considered old stock most likely needing to be sent in for the repair campaign.... but that would be a pretty old unit.

Old 08-01-2018, 10:53 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325xia View Post
Have you received your 436 back yet? Mine was sent in two weeks ago, and still nothing new on the Status Page..
Yes, mine came back last week. Took about a week to get there due to the 4th of July holiday - shipped on June 29th, received on July 6th, got back to me on July 27th.

Regarding the missing address line in my original post - I got an email from them, and replied back with the address. Not sure how I missed it.
Sponsored links
Old 08-01-2018, 11:17 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxdscon View Post
Look at the digit after the Z in the serial number. If it is 5 or smaller, it would be considered old stock most likely needing to be sent in for the repair campaign.... but that would be a pretty old unit.

Thank you that helps!
Old 08-06-2018, 12:53 PM

Just got my 436 from the Repair Campaign. Service was excellent. Took about two weeks.
Old 08-06-2018, 8:21 PM

Wonderful service from Uniden. From the time I made my initial request until the repaired unit was received back was less than 3 weeks. And that includes 10 days shipping (5 days each way) from CA to TX and back.

Once received all I had to do was update the firmware and reapply my DMR and NXDN upgrades all of which was known up front and only took minutes to complete.
Old 08-07-2018, 11:40 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by randybcd396t View Post
Wonderful service from Uniden. From the time I made my initial request until the repaired unit was received back was less than 3 weeks. And that includes 10 days shipping (5 days each way) from CA to TX and back.

Once received all I had to do was update the firmware and reapply my DMR and NXDN upgrades all of which was known up front and only took minutes to complete.
About how long did it take for it to go from "IN LINE TO BE SHIPPED" to arriving at your day? Did you get a tracking number when it shipped? My SDS100 and HPII were both marked "IN LINE TO BE SHIPPED" on Aug 2nd. Anxiously awaiting their arrival.
Old 08-07-2018, 7:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodburyMan View Post
About how long did it take for it to go from "IN LINE TO BE SHIPPED" to arriving at your day? Did you get a tracking number when it shipped? My SDS100 and HPII were both marked "IN LINE TO BE SHIPPED" on Aug 2nd. Anxiously awaiting their arrival.
Here is my experience.

BCD436HP RTC Repair
July 17 - Request repair
July 18 - Receive shipping label & shipped unit to Uniden (From CA to TX)
July 23 - Repair shipment received by Uniden
July 25 - Status change - received and placed into the repair center
August 1 - Status change - shipped (From TX to CA)
August 6 - Received repaired scanner

Communications were excellent. They sent an email with links to get the order status when I got the shipping label. They sent an email with tracking number when shipped back but I could also check it using the status link.
Old 08-14-2018, 4:28 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I have a very dim display and horrible VHF and UHF reception on my 436HP but I have owned it for a little over a year I just really never have the time to send it off. I would like to send it in this week for repair. I was just wondering if I am still eligible under the repair campaign or if I will have to pay for the for the repairs.
Thanks,
Bob

Stop streaming public safety comms before encryption kills our hobby!
Old 08-14-2018, 5:38 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Bob just go to the Uniden site and fill out the paperwork and you will get the information for shipping it.
Old 08-14-2018, 6:36 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Thanks I appreciate the response. I know it's a old issue but I wasn't sure if this was a ongoing campaign or if it had a expiration date.

Thanks again!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Stop streaming public safety comms before encryption kills our hobby!

Tags
sticky, uniden