996P2 bug on San Diego RCS??

Status
Not open for further replies.

djpaulino

Premium Subscriber
I Understand there is a bug in the 996p2 firmware. The San Diego RCS recently changed their fire fleetmap and now I am getting p25 law on what's supposed to be a fire talkgroup, something about how the scanner handles patches?..can anyone confirm?

Voyager

Did you change the fleetmap in the scanner accordingly?

Just checked, and RCS is a Type II system which means you should not have any fleetmaps programmed. If you do, set them all to size code 0.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Known issue (discussed in separate thread "Analog TG on Digital" or similar).

It is addressed in the most recent DMR Release Candidate firmware.

djpaulino

Premium Subscriber
996P2 San Diego RCS Bug help UPMan

Again haven't had any resolution, I am using the RR database internet feature to program if it makes any difference. I Understand there is a bug in the 996p2 firmware. The San Diego RCS recently changed their fire fleetmap and now I am getting p25 law on what's supposed to be a fire talkgroup, something about how the scanner handles patches?..can anyone confirm?

UPMan.
Can you give me a link to a FW fix for this or am I stuck with a paperweight? Thanks DP

djpaulino

Premium Subscriber
No, I'm getting conflicting info , the fix is not for the 996p2 , the latest DMR update link didn't work. I'm Just trying to find out if there is a fix or not. if so, a link to the fix.

kma371

QRT
Yea that is for the 436/536. I don't think there is an update for the 996s

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Threads merged. Please don't create multiple threads for the same topic. Thanks.

djpaulino

Premium Subscriber
Unhappy Uniden customer

I have been a die hard Uniden customer..yes I have spent a lot of money over the years on Uniden scanners. Not happy with my 996P2 and Uniden customer support. RR is touted on their website as a place to have issues resolved well no luck here , and no response from UPman as to whether there is a fix for the 996p2 San Diego RCS bug or not. Being in the fire service this is a very serious issue for me as I use this scanner to monitor our neighboring county's fire agencies (San Diego RCS) All I want is a straight answer, Uniden, UPman, what do I do with my $500 paper weight?

kma371

QRT
I have been a die hard Uniden customer..yes I have spent a lot of money over the years on Uniden scanners. Not happy with my 996P2 and Uniden customer support. RR is touted on their website as a place to have issues resolved well no luck here , and no response from UPman as to whether there is a fix for the 996p2 San Diego RCS bug or not. Being in the fire service this is a very serious issue for me as I use this scanner to monitor our neighboring county's fire agencies (San Diego RCS) All I want is a straight answer, Uniden, UPman, what do I do with my $500 paper weight?

Maybe they are busy? Maybe they are working on it? If you are not happy, I'm sure you can return the product. That's what I do if I'm not happy with something.

D

darunimal

There's probably going to be a fix shortly, about the same time as the Finalized DMR firmware is available for the BCDx36HP Series. Give it between 30 and 90 Days, all will be good again, until then: Flush-out each TGID's into individual Status bit channels:
Example: Fire Dispatch 4a has a TGID # 4096,break down channel for each status bit
4096 TGID 4a : 4096
4097 TGID 4a1: 4096+1=4097
4098 TGID 4a2: 4096+2=4098
....... and turn the System's 'Status Bit' 'On'.

Distinctly For the Fire Dispatch Channels /TGIDs you want to listen to. Then try LockingOut the accidental cross/patched PD/LEO channels out, as you hear them. This is a possible temporary fix, to the problem, and should work until fix is out.

Motorola Type II Smartnet - The RadioReference Wiki

W6KRU

There's probably going to be a fix shortly, about the same time as the Finalized DMR firmware is available for the BCDx36HP Series. Give it between 30 and 90 Days, all will be good again, until then: Flush-out each TGID's into individual Status bit channels:
Example: Fire Dispatch 4a has a TGID # 4096,break down channel for each status bit
4096 TGID 4a : 4096
4097 TGID 4a1: 4096+1=4097
4098 TGID 4a2: 4096+2=4098
....... and turn the System's 'Status Bit' 'On'.

Distinctly For the Fire Dispatch Channels /TGIDs you want to listen to. Then try LockingOut the accidental cross/patched PD/LEO channels out, as you hear them. This is a possible temporary fix, to the problem, and should work until fix is out.

Motorola Type II Smartnet - The RadioReference Wiki

That sounds good but did not work on my 436. The scanner would just stop on the TGID +3 (patched) while receiving the error TG with the digital noise blaring due to the Analog setting for the desired TG.

D

darunimal

I understand +3 (8051) did not decode the Digital Audio, leading to a motorboating sound during the entire transmission of a cross/patched channels even when Audio Type was set to Analog.

So did 3A Dispatch TGID 8048 +1(8049) and +7 (8055) with the Audio Type Set to Analog still receive digital-undecoded unsquelched transmissions?

W6KRU

I understand +3 (8051) did not decode the Digital Audio, leading to a motorboating sound during the entire transmission of a cross/patched channels even when Audio Type was set to Analog.

So did 3A Dispatch TGID 8048 +1(8049) and +7 (8055) with the Audio Type Set to Analog still receive digital-undecoded unsquelched transmissions?

I'm not sure. If there were any transmissions set to all talkgroups(+1) or multi-select(+7) on the dispatchers console it might or might not work. How is any of that relevant? The problem occurs when there are multiple patches(+3) set on the consoles and the scanner seems to confuse all of the patched TGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.