DMR Update / Upgrade Firmware for HP2 request

That is all

Bug is in ear

Thanks,
Home Patrol 2 devoted user. :)

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Side question here.....I notice that by your name it says "Audio Feed Provider". I'm an Audio Feed Provider also but I'm not seeing that on my end when I make a post. Is anyone else seeing it on there end or only "Premium Subscriber"?

Curious

If it's not showing up as feed provider, who would I contact to get that "upgraded"?

I know as an Audio Feed Provider, I am automatically a premium subscriber

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Side question here.....I notice that by your name it says "Audio Feed Provider". I'm an Audio Feed Provider also but I'm not seeing that on my end when I make a post. Is anyone else seeing it on there end or only "Premium Subscriber"?

Curious

If it's not showing up as feed provider, who would I contact to get that "upgraded"?

I know as an Audio Feed Provider, I am automatically a premium subscriber
Sometimes you can't see your own badge but others can.

D

DaveNF2G

Upman has already explained why this will not happen.

wbswetnam

If you have the BCD536HP (with the DMR upgrade) and you use the Siren app, it's kind of like a DMR capable HP2. OK, not exactly the same but probably as close as we're going to get to such a thing.

scosgt

Because why should they offer an upgrade for a $500 scanner? Makes perfect sense.
And UPMAN did say recently that the vocoder is the same in the HP2 and the 436

D

DaveNF2G

If you have the BCD536HP (with the DMR upgrade) and you use the Siren app, it's kind of like a DMR capable HP2. OK, not exactly the same but probably as close as we're going to get to such a thing.

How does the siren app make the 536 similar to the HP-2? The HP-2 doesn't have Bluetooth.

garys

Premium Subscriber
There is at least one thread here where UPMan has said that the hardware in the HP2 is not capable of supporting DMR or Pro Voice. Search around and you'll find it.

Please cite your sources, otherwise you should probably not spit out conjecture.

Status
Not open for further replies.