BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Reception cutting out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

techues

Premium Subscriber
Ever since I bought this scanner it has 'clipped" conversations. At times it will receive one radio but not the other one on the same digital 700 system ie. dispatch and field officer or two officers talking to each other in the field. It happens with the Clark County Nevada digital channels and now is happening with the Eastern Idaho co-op system.
I emailed Uniden support and asked for a ligimat answer to my problem and got a really amateurish answer. It's because the system is encrypted. Really??? The report from Uniden was W420179-091416 so you know I tried. Any suggestions on what may be wrong with my scanner? Anybody from Uniden want to jump in on this. You try Uniden and it takes a week to hear back and then this answer???
Thanks,

Pat

bearcat

Ever since I bought this scanner it has 'clipped" conversations. At times it will receive one radio but not the other one on the same digital 700 system ie. dispatch and field officer or two officers talking to each other in the field. It happens with the Clark County Nevada digital channels and now is happening with the Eastern Idaho co-op system.
I emailed Uniden support and asked for a ligimat answer to my problem and got a really amateurish answer. It's because the system is encrypted. Really??? The report from Uniden was W420179-091416 so you know I tried. Any suggestions on what may be wrong with my scanner? Anybody from Uniden want to jump in on this. You try Uniden and it takes a week to hear back and then this answer???
Thanks,

Pat
Just a guess but do you have Close Call enabled? If you are not using Close Call DND then you will get choppy audio as it checks for Close Call hits.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If the audio "cutting out" happens on a regular basis (such as every X seconds) some type of priority could be in play. For example weather alerting, in addition to Close Call mentioned above.

If you are talking about this system: Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Trunking System, Las Vegas, Nevada - Scanner Frequencies it's possible you may be a victim of simulcast distortion. That usually shows up in the form of garbled audio or no audio.

While the x36 line is much better at dealing with simulcast systems, it still happens.

I've gotten improvement in my local simulcast system by tweaking the site's P25 settings (Sentinel Site Options tab). Setting Attenuator On may also be helpful. Unfortunately no one size fits all and you have to do some tinkering to find the best combination.

techues

Premium Subscriber
I'm not going to get to "Giddy" yet but after trying all of the suggestions with no change I finally just cleared the memory and reloaded my preferred listening channels and also changed the antenna.
So far it seems to have corrected the reception issues. We will see!
Thanks to all for their assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.