BCD396XT/BCD996XT: GPS Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfd119

I have a couple GPS questions.

1. If I enable the GPS on the System (not group), will the Group under the System still turn on or do I need to enable the GPS options under each Group as well?

2. Say I have a quick key of 76 assigned to a System that has the GPS enabled. If I have that quick key of 76 shut off but then I enter the GPS threshold, will the system automatically turn on or do I need to turn on ALL the quick keys and GPS determines if it actually scans it?

3. If I do not have a quick key assigned to a Group but the System, will the GPS still turn the group on under the system?

4. Additionally, can I override the GPS? If the GPS has a System/Group turned off, can I enable it manually by using the Quick Keys?

Thanks.

Last edited:

marksmith

Location info has to be included for system, group and all levels to use GPS. You can't do one level only.

GPS is either on or off. It is not controlled by quick keys.

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If you're scanning with GPS, you don't need quick keys for individual systems or whatever. Just make sure that everything you're scanning is tagged with the appropriate GPS coordinates and service range, connect and enable the GPS, and the scanner will toggle things on and off as needed automatically.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
To clarify a bit, GPS controls the lock-out status of the group/site, not the QK status. So, if the QK is disabled, it won't be scanned at all. If the QK is enabled, it will be locked out/unlocked based on the location data.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Also a nuance for the x96 scanners: If you enter a 0/0 lat/long for a Group, that group is not subject to location control meaning the Group will always be On.

If you use something other than 0/0 then location control "works" for a Group.

This is different in x36/Home Patrol scanners. With them, 0/0 is considered a "real" location.

Status
Not open for further replies.