RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Tech Support

Uniden Tech Support - For discussion of all technical aspects of current or future Uniden scanners.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-11-2017, 9:37 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default BC246T and 6.25 step

Hello I'm trying to put the NYC DoITT UHF system into the radio. I'm downloading in from RR using freescan, when it's downloading it shows the step as being 6.25. After it's downloaded into the radio I check the step on the radio and it shows it as 12.5 and it also changed the control frequencies, I tried to changed the step to 6.25 but it's not even there as an option 12.5 is the lowest step. According the the manual the radio is capable of handling a 6.25 step. I have the latest firmware installed. Am I doing something wrong?
Sponsored links
Old 08-12-2017, 9:00 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

If you don't really have anything in the radio that matters, you can try to reset the scanner, then try uploading the system. If you do have stuff in freescan, you should save it on your computer, and start a new file in freescan with the Uhf system.

To reset the scanner, turn off the scanner. Then press 2, 9, and Hold while turning it on.

Important! This deletes all pre programmed data. You cannot restore pre programmed data that has been deleted.

Once thats done, connect the scanner to freescan and read the scanner, then download the doitt uhf system.

The webpages says (Custom Frequency Tables, Base 482.00000 Spacing 6.25 Offset 380)

When I download into freescan it shows Mot uhf band as lower 482.000 upper 484.36875 step 6.25 offset 380

I don't know if that should be set to Mot Custom Reband Type II

You also said that your freescan matched the pic I posted in the private message you sent me.

When uploading to scanner, what do you have checked in the pic below??
Attached Images

Old 08-12-2017, 9:04 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

When I download the system into Sentinel, it lists the band plan as custom. But that is for the 436hp
Old 08-13-2017, 12:51 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I'm going to do the reset and then I have to look and see what I have checked off. Thanks for all the help. I'll let you know how I make out.
Old 08-13-2017, 8:29 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Still no luck.... Maybe the radio is just to old.
Sponsored links
Old 08-16-2017, 6:06 PM
Wiki Admin Emeritus
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave3825 View Post
If you don't really have anything in the radio that matters, you can try to reset the scanner, then try uploading the system. If you do have stuff in freescan, you should save it on your computer, and start a new file in freescan with the Uhf system.

To reset the scanner, turn off the scanner. Then press 2, 9, and Hold while turning it on.

Important! This deletes all pre programmed data. You cannot restore pre programmed data that has been deleted.

Once thats done, connect the scanner to freescan and read the scanner, then download the doitt uhf system.

The webpages says (Custom Frequency Tables, Base 482.00000 Spacing 6.25 Offset 380)

When I download into freescan it shows Mot uhf band as lower 482.000 upper 484.36875 step 6.25 offset 380

I don't know if that should be set to Mot Custom Reband Type II

You also said that your freescan matched the pic I posted in the private message you sent me.

When uploading to scanner, what do you have checked in the pic below??
Rebanding has nothing to do with UHF systems...Mike