BCD325p2 vs. BC75XLT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris516

By the title, I don't mean outright, full, comparison.

Just that I noticed something while looking at the BCD325p2 online. The button layout along the left side is different.

BC75XLT:

HOLD
SCAN
SRCH
L/O

BCD325p2:

HOLD
SCAN
L/O
MENU

I am mentioning this. Because I printed out the manual for the BCD325p2, and I haven't found any mention as to why the change. I know the BC125AT is only a few 'bells n whistles' difference from BC75XLT. That is why I am looking at the BCD325p2.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure how to parse that sentence.

These are two different products that share the same form. The buttons are assigned based on the functions of the products, which are different between the two scanners. One did not become the other.

Chris516

I'm not sure how to parse that sentence.

These are two different products that share the same form. The buttons are assigned based on the functions of the products, which are different between the two scanners. One did not become the other.
I am not saying that the BC75XLT became the BCD325p2. Not by a long-shot.

Instead of an actual 'Srch' button. Is the search function, part of the 'MENU' button?

W4ELL

Feed Provider
To answer your question about search... YES, the search functions are located in the menu on the 325P2.

The 325P2 is a pretty big jump from the 75XLT. In order to accommodate the myriad of features that the 325P2 has, it requires a menu in order to allow access to said features.

If you have the manual, you should find a better explanation there. You could also look at the easier to read manual here: Easier to Read BCD325P2 Digital Scanner Manual

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Perhaps this higher-res picture will help answer your questions:

BCD325P2-Front.jpg

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
And, to answer "Is SRCH now part of the MENU function" the answer is "No." It is the 2nd function of the SCAN button.

Chris516

To answer your question about search... YES, the search functions are located in the menu on the 325P2.

The 325P2 is a pretty big jump from the 75XLT. In order to accommodate the myriad of features that the 325P2 has, it requires a menu in order to allow access to said features.

If you have the manual, you should find a better explanation there. You could also look at the easier to read manual here: Easier to Read BCD325P2 Digital Scanner Manual
I know it is a big jump. I chose the 325p2 as my next scanner, after a careful analysis of the handhelds', both analog and digital.

As for the manual itself. I am going to read it at length.

HorkyBamf

Premium Subscriber
I don't know if this is a breach of forum etiquette but I just want to say I'm extremely pleased with my BCD325P2. I recommend it to anyone willing to take the time to understand its capabilities and how it operates.

Two suggestions though, if you decide to get this scanner: upgrade the antenna; replace the OEM batteries with good quality rechargeables (charge them offline, not in the scanner).

If you do those 2 things, the BCD325P2 goes from being very good to excellent. JMHO, YMMV, etc, etc.

Chris516

I don't know if this is a breach of forum etiquette but I just want to say I'm extremely pleased with my BCD325P2. I recommend it to anyone willing to take the time to understand its capabilities and how it operates.

Two suggestions though, if you decide to get this scanner: upgrade the antenna; replace the OEM batteries with good quality rechargeables (charge them offline, not in the scanner).

If you do those 2 things, the BCD325P2 goes from being very good to excellent. JMHO, YMMV, etc, etc.
I hope it isn't a breach of forum etiquette.

Because, I definitely agree with you about replacing the batteries, and antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.