RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Tech Support

Uniden Tech Support - For discussion of all technical aspects of current or future Uniden scanners.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-13-2017, 5:19 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default using bluetoothe earpieces

I bought a Bluetooth transmitter to use with my 536 and Bluetooth earbuds that do not have a volume control on them. Using the transmitter in the earphone jack in the front is unusable, but the speaker jack in the rear is fine except the volume is a bit too loud. If I lower the output on the scanner, it is either no sound, or the next "click" of the pot is too loud (by a bit). Is there a suggestion for something that will lower the range so I have more usable control.. maybe just a resistor in line with the jack ? If so, any ideas what value to start with? Thanks...
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2017, 5:35 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Don't use the speaker jack. The voltage levels are too high for the inputs of the BT transmitter.

Why is the headphone jack "unusable"?
Old 09-13-2017, 6:00 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

using the earphone jack, I get a loud static/white noise over the transmissions, so I can't hear the voices. The normal speaker is fine, as is a wired headphone. Something about the Bluetooth transmitter isn't happy, but does sound fine in the back speaker jack, just a might too loud on some channels.
Old 09-13-2017, 6:07 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

reducing the Volume Offset on the loud channels/tg's would be the quick answer..
Old 09-13-2017, 6:14 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Well, yes, but all are loud to some extent with the volume at minimum to play at all, so reducing all of hundreds of entries isn't in my plan... but thanks
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2017, 6:17 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

That will negatively affect listening from the speaker.

Try a headphone Y-cable with a set of standard headphones plugged into one side, and the BT transmitter plugged into the other. The headphone jack will have noise if you plug a high-impedance load like the BT transmitter. Adding a set of standard earbuds in parallel will eliminate the noise.
Old 09-13-2017, 6:33 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

jonwienke: That's why I love coming here, smart answers! The "y" cable solved it just as you said, no more static on the earphone jack, levels now adjustable to my comfort
Many many thanks!
Old 09-13-2017, 7:04 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

You're welcome.