Edit Close Call Bands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1GTL

Database Admin
In Close Call, I want to edit the range of VHF HIGH 1. The high side is 225 MHz. I get a ton of interference in the 190 MHz range so I want to change the upper limit to 190 MHz.

I have searched the Easy-to-read scanner manual but can't find anything on editing. Can this limit be edited?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Use the Broadcast Screen Custom Band Ranges to block out the offending frequency range(s).

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
That will not prevent interference from transmissions on the unwanted frequencies. It will just cause the scanner to ignore them. If the strongest in-band signal is screened, it will continue to prevent hits on other frequencies. The actual bandpass for each CC band is determined by hardware filters, not by software.

N1GTL

Database Admin
I was just coming back to post that it didn't work. Thanks.

I turned the attenuater on and it was enough to stop most interference. As things get through, I am just doing a permanent ignore. Eventually I'll get them all.

Ubbe

Attenuator on? Then you probably only get any hits in CC if they are extreamly close.
Put in a coax stub filter for 200MHz to get rid of the interference and if you do not already have a FM trap filter you'll benefit from that as well to get a good range for the CloseCall between 118-170MHz.

/Ubbe

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If the interfering signals are constant then an antenna filter is probably the best solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.