No trunking receive

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbord

Premium Subscriber
Have a new BCD325P2 and have no receive on my local Police Dept 800 mhz Motorola Type II Smartnet trunking system. Conventional channels work fine and I can see it's scanning the control channel. I believe the control channel freq. changes every 24 hours. Have spent a lot of time reading this forum and trying different menu settings with no luck.
The system is Redding, CA. Police Dept.

Any help would be appreciated.

Don

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
Are you sure the system that you are trying to listen to is not encrypted because the bcd325p2 will not decode encrypted transmissions.

dbord

Premium Subscriber
It is not encrypted, I hear them fine on my BCD436. Not sure what to double check on my programming?
Don

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I'd open both the 436 and the 996 programming up on the computer. Then compare them talkgroup IDs and particularly sites and frequencies for sites. Also confirm the system types are the same.

While it is not completely necessary, I encourage programming all the frequencies associated with a site and not just those marked as control channels. Better to have them and not need them, than to need them and not have them. Certainly no harm unless you are at memory limits on the scanner.

troymail

Silent Key
Redding is a rebanded system - which, to my knowledge, requires additional programming of the trunking tables.

The 436 (along with other library based scanners) automatically applies a custom trunking table when you import the system from the library (see image below). The 325 is more of a manual beast which is part of why it is generally cheaper....

Have you entered this custom trunking table on the 325?

Attachments

• redding custom bandplan.png
    redding custom bandplan.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 247

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Most people can do as they please but if you pay for a premium subscriber membership and software you can download all your programming and not have to be a radio guru and everything will work great as we have done the ground work for you.

dbord

Premium Subscriber
I'm using Proscan and am a Premium subscriber for Radio Reference. I have downloaded Redding Police and Fire.
Still no receive on trunking system.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
What happens if you change "id scan" to "id search"? Also, did you enable all quick keys associated with the system? You see it trying to scan, so you have the system qk on. Are the department quick keys on?

dbord

Premium Subscriber
Haven't figured how to change the Hex/Decimal setting but would this have anything to do with my problem?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Haven't figured how to change the Hex/Decimal setting but would this have anything to do with my problem?

The Hex/Decimal setting is at the system level. Look for the ID Format drop down box. However it shouldn't make a difference. The TGID's look okay hex and decimal.

I do see a problem with the ProScan import from RadioReference. It's a rebanded system. It looks like the Band Plan didn't import into ProScan. Click the Redding Site node (the one with the Freqs) and click the Band Plan button. Next add the info like the following screenshot. Upload the System to the scanner.

Attachments

• bandplan.png
    bandplan.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 160

troymail

Silent Key
I do see a problem with the ProScan import from RadioReference. It's a rebanded system. It looks like the Band Plan didn't import into ProScan. Click the Redding Site node (the one with the Freqs) and click the Band Plan button. Next add the info like the following screenshot. Upload the System to the scanner.

:roll:

Sounds strangely familiar....

Grayline

Delete It out and restart. If your sure its Analog press hold And key in Separately (enter) and goto a different Location and see if it picks up? I've drove around and found places to receive better

Status
Not open for further replies.