Audio Drops out

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgoff23

Premium Subscriber
I listen to a site near to me and get plenty of signal. But while listening to traffic I often notice the audio drops out, and returns mid transmission for lots of the calls I have monitored. I'm running 1.07.09 and programmed the scanner for this site, my local PD, using ProScan. It's an ARMER P25 site. Attenuator is off, Threshold is at 5. Any thoughts?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I listen to a site near to me and get plenty of signal. But while listening to traffic I often notice the audio drops out, and returns mid transmission for lots of the calls I have monitored. I'm running 1.07.09 and programmed the scanner for this site, my local PD, using ProScan. It's an ARMER P25 site. Attenuator is off, Threshold is at 5. Any thoughts?
If your 'drop out' interruption is regular, every xx seconds, you may have one of these turned on:
Priority
Close Call
Weather Priority

rgoff23

Premium Subscriber
Tried that 1st

If your 'drop out' interruption is regular, every xx seconds, you may have one of these turned on:
Priority
Close Call
Weather Priority

I checked both of those before posting, But Thanks.

wtp

delay

what time is the delay set for.
if it is negative it gives a "sound sample" and continues to scan.
so -2 would last for 2 seconds and then scan.
a 2 setting would wait for the transmission to end and then scan.

rgoff23

Premium Subscriber
I had the Delay at -5, changed to 2 now. Will advise, as there is no traffic currently.

rgoff23

Premium Subscriber
857.9625 Allied Radio Matrix for Emergency Response (ARMER) Site 001 Alma MN / Minnesota

rgoff23

Premium Subscriber
Mark's is a great resource. I was lucky enough to stumble upon it. I'm still soaking it in :)

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
857.9625 Allied Radio Matrix for Emergency Response (ARMER) Site 001 Alma MN / Minnesota

Have you tried programming the other Wabasha site (856.2125) and seeing what happens? According to the ARMER site map, Alma looks like it's in Wisconsin. It could be a "fill" site that is designed to cover a "dead spot". As such not many transmissions are carried on it and it may be a little lower power.

The downside is Wabasha is simulcast and subject to simulcast distortion. A little extra attention may be needed in that case.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Does it happen just on certain talkgroups? I know in my area one 911 center all the city-county police-fire main dispatch talkgroups from 911 are low volume whereas the personnel in the field are not.
For those I have the volume offset on those talkgroups set to +1. 911 comes in normal volume although the personnel comes in if more volume.
One drug detective channel is very low and set it to the max adjustment of +3.

There are some digital systems that come in very loud and adjust the volume down on those.

rgoff23

Premium Subscriber
Wabasha Sites

Have you tried programming the other Wabasha site (856.2125) and seeing what happens? According to the ARMER site map, Alma looks like it's in Wisconsin. It could be a "fill" site that is designed to cover a "dead spot". As such not many transmissions are carried on it and it may be a little lower power.

The downside is Wabasha is simulcast and subject to simulcast distortion. A little extra attention may be needed in that case.

I've monitored both sites and found that the majority of the traffic is carried on the Alma site. Yes the Alma site is physically in Wisconsin. But the info on the map https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?action=siteMap&sid=3508&type=rr suggests to me that it is the primary Wabasha site. The town of Wabasha is the county seat for the county of Wabasha. The Alma site is in direct line of sight with the county Law Enforcement Center, not that that really makes any difference?! The simulcast site 856.2125 is centrally located in the middle of the county (the middle of nowhere).

On the plus side my reception of traffic seems to have improved with the change to the delay time! Now if my local LEO's would work on their quick keying just a 'lil bit... ha ha. ;) Keep up the good work ladies and gents!

rgoff23

Premium Subscriber
Ah Haa!

Priority
Close Call
Weather Priority

Upon further inspection I did find WX in priority. I did not realize that Weather Operations had a priority setting in it as well.

Good call, Thanks!

rgoff23

Premium Subscriber
Problem solved.

A combination of setting the Delay Time to 2, and turning a WX priority setting off in Weather Operations has the audio sounding great now.

Thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.