RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Tech Support

Uniden Tech Support - For discussion of all technical aspects of current or future Uniden scanners.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2017, 2:44 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Uniden BCD996P2 Banks

I know my unit doesn't have banks like my former Grecom PSR-600 had, maybe someone can tell me what to do similar to keep dept's separate, say like I want state police in one group, my county pd in another group, and my city pd in another group and so on. So I can lockout who I don't want to listen to when I want to.

How can I set it up like that, all P25 frequencies they're on. I believe I should set it to ID Scan only as well, so I don't pick up other stuff on set categories. I use free scan to program mine.

I hope this makes sense, I never had a non-banked scanner before.
Sponsored links
Old 12-07-2017, 3:52 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Assign different quick keys. Think of quick keys as bank numbers you can assign to a group of channels and form a bank.
Old 12-07-2017, 4:06 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I thought so, but wasn't sure, I'll give it a try.. thx
Old 12-07-2017, 6:00 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by W8RMH View Post
Assign different quick keys. Think of quick keys as bank numbers you can assign to a group of channels and form a bank.
correct me if i am wrong, the down side with assigning a quick key to a TG is that when you run that system, you also now need to have that quick key on to hear that TG. EXAMPLE BELOW

say you want to ONLY listen to Park Rangers (in a park) which is on your city p25 system. you assign Park Rangers to quick key 99, but the city p25 system it is under to quick key 1. if you listen to the city p25, thus turning on quick key 1 on, will park rangers still be active IF quick key 99 is not activated?

reason i ask, i may be doing it the LONG way for no reason. i simply make a fav list for park rangers (from ex above) and give that a quick key (diff from the system quick key it is in). that leaves the park rangers still active when listening to the city system even if i do not turn on quick key for park rangers.

this is how i have always done it. am i doing it the long way or correctly? i could experiment to find out, but that is a lot of work given my scanner is all setup.
Old 12-07-2017, 7:19 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Program Park Rangers as a group and assign it a group quick key (not a system quick key). GQKs are only 0-9, SQKs are 0-99.

Your system will be SQK 1.

Park Rangers GQK 1.

Press 1 to turn the system/site on and off.

While system 1 is scanning press 'function 1' to turn the Park Ranger group on and off. If they have more than one channel (TG) program each one as a group and assign each one their own GQK.

Last edited by W8RMH; 12-07-2017 at 7:31 AM..
Sponsored links
Old 12-07-2017, 7:31 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Easier to Read BCD996P2/XT Digital Scanner Manual

Scroll down to 'Understanding Dynamic Memory' and 'Understanding Quick Keys'.
Old 12-07-2017, 7:36 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Program Park Rangers as a group and assign it a group quick key (not a system quick key). GQKs are only 0-9, SQKs are 0-99.

Park Rangers GQK 1.

While system 1 is scanning press 'function 1' to turn the Park Ranger group on and off. If they have more than one channel (TG) program each one as a group and assign each one their own GQK.
i need take time to study this, as it may be what i am doing. not sure til i sit down and really look at it. later today i will do this. thanks.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:00 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Don't forget you can put multiple systems under the same SQK. You can also duplicate systems so you can keep the departments separate too. There are lots of options and ways to organize. And yes, if you want to only here specific TGs, then you should use ID Scan (not ID Search). If you are a paid member of this site, you can download the systems directly into your scanner. They are pretty well organized.
Old 12-07-2017, 6:00 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:

Park Rangers GQK 1.

yes, this is basically what i do. i had to look at it carefully as the names for the diff types of quick keys gets confusing. i have my scanner very organized. that is the beauty of these scanners, the organization and potential origination is incredible. i never zip code scan, no organization at all. thanks for replying and posting the information.