RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Tech Support

Uniden Tech Support - For discussion of all technical aspects of current or future Uniden scanners.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2018, 10:24 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I don't know. On a regular scanner all I hear is white noise when they transmit. On the 536 I don't hear anything.
Sponsored links
Old 01-12-2018, 11:19 AM
Mentor
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPMan View Post
Conventional = not trunked.

I note from the dB that that same frequency is listed as analog. Are you sure they are transmitting digital?
Ellis County S.O. Channel 2 has been digital only for a while. I have heard no analog transmissions on it for quite some time. It's P25 conventional digital, and the NAC code in the database, 342, is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatersalad24 View Post
I don't know. On a regular scanner all I hear is white noise when they transmit. On the 536 I don't hear anything.
That 'white noise' you're hearing is a digital transmission on a channel set as analog. Update the Sentinel database to get the correct settings and write that to the scanner (it sounds like you are not using a Favorites list, just location & main database).

If you've you've updated Sentinel, and sent that to the scanner, you did not correct the existing Favorites list to make it digital. Either re-append from the main database, or manually edit it.
Old 01-12-2018, 1:03 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I'm sure ECSO is digital. I haven't been able to hear them for a while on the "old" scanner. I'm a police officer for Ennis and a year of two ago our radio guy said that Ellis Co ch 2 went digital a while back, but at the time I hadn't considered inquiring about how to monitor them. From listening to the transmissions, I believe Ferris PD dispatch has converted to digital? (someone please look) If that's the case, I have them in my favorite list and can hear them well. Which is confusing because if Ferris is digital and in the same favorite list, I should be able to hear ECSO as well.
Old 01-12-2018, 2:28 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I'm getting frustrated with it. Maybe I should get someone to program it for me
Old 01-12-2018, 3:30 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I'm not sure how....but I made it work. Thank you everyone for helping me out. 73
Sponsored links