RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Tech Support

Uniden Tech Support - For discussion of all technical aspects of current or future Uniden scanners.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-15-2018, 3:53 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I was checking the Arizona Forum and the database. It appears they're making some changes to the sites, and while I'm not familiar with the G4, I don't think they're programmed the same. Since it worked flawlessly for over 3 years, something happened out there. Take some time to sit down and check all your settings, site frequencies, talk groups etc. We all understand your frustration.
Sponsored links
Old 02-16-2018, 3:39 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR7CQ View Post
Great question, and unfortunately I have seen this problem to a lesser extent in other locations, primarily at home. The strangest thing is that this is a relatively recent issue that has cropped up and there I'm fairly confident that there are no changes which I have made that could have impacted this issue.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It may not be the issue at all, but anything new can pop up at any time.

When I used to work at a hospital, we had something similar just appear one day and I was able to narrow it down to the offending source. Something was interfering with our patient telemetry. It too was intermittent. Sometimes brief, and sometimes sustained for several minutes.

There was nothing licensed in the area for the frequency. Turned out, it was a paging transmitter that started transmitting harmonics. The VHF transmitter started emitting RF in the UHF band.
Old 02-16-2018, 4:54 PM

You haven't just recently installed one of the newer LED strip light fixtures nearby, have you? These can kill reception of FM signals.
I was using a scanner in my garage that quit receiving after I replaced a 4' fluorescent fixture with one of the newer LED fixtures.

Just a thought.

Jim

Last edited by a29zuk; 02-16-2018 at 5:00 PM..