RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Tech Support

Uniden Tech Support - For discussion of all technical aspects of current or future Uniden scanners.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-14-2018, 11:01 PM
Careful, I CAN hear you!
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

I think you mean ID SEARCH until you know the IDs and can save them and name them. ID SCAN is for once you have a set of KNOWN IDs to scan.

And if you DO NOT CARE WHAT TG is being used by WHO, then set as CONVENTIONAL with the tone set to DIGITAL, and SEARCH unless you KNOW the RAN. If you want to know who is using what, you set a conventional as NXDN OFT, ID SEARCH ON. Then once you ID the TGs, put it to ID SCAN.

Same as you would do an DMR, or P25 frequency.
Motorola: APX6000XE
Baofeng: RD-5R

Last edited by milf; 04-14-2018 at 11:06 PM..
Sponsored links
Old 04-15-2018, 2:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtindor View Post
If you are using a Whistler scanner that supports NXDN, you should hear some traffic (assuming you have the talkgroups added and/or have a group wildcard set).

If you are using a Uniden scanner, you should not expect to hear anything on that system
Not entirely true, Mike. You can make the Uniden emulate the Whistler and hear the exact same things by programming the frequencies as conventional channels. You will then hear the audio. You won't see the TGs, but you can tell which frequencies are active. It will also tell you the RAN.

Once you know which ones are active, program it as a trunked system and run LCN FINDER on it.
Old 04-16-2018, 2:25 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I'm having a moment with figuring my system out. I'm listening to the system as a conventional system and hear comms. When I do the LCN finder, no results show up.

Any thoughts?
Old 04-16-2018, 2:27 PM
Silent Key
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofd8001 View Post
I'm having a moment with figuring my system out. I'm listening to the system as a conventional system and hear comms. When I do the LCN finder, no results show up.

Any thoughts?
I thought the system had to be programmed as trunk system to get run LCN finder and get LCNs... LCNs shouldn't matter to conventional channels - or so I would expect.
Old 04-16-2018, 2:28 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:

Any thoughts?
Note all the frequencies, now make a new NXDN Trunk system and leave LCN blank then LCN finder. No specific order to program the frequencies, the LCN finder will find the channel numbers.
Sponsored links
Old 04-16-2018, 3:00 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I wasn't very clear on my post and I apologize.

I have the same system programmed twice (two completely different FLs even). Once as a conventional and the second as a trunked system. I'm checking conventional to see if it is active, then go to the TRS version to do channel finder.
Old 04-16-2018, 3:06 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
I wasn't very clear on my post and I apologize.

I have the same system programmed twice (two completely different FLs even). Once as a conventional and the second as a trunked system. I'm checking conventional to see if it is active, then go to the TRS version to do channel finder.

Do the RAN's all match up during conventional search? Using FM mode? NXN 4 or NXN 9 or NXN IDS showing in display during conventional search?
Old 04-16-2018, 3:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troymail View Post
I thought the system had to be programmed as trunk system to get run LCN finder and get LCNs...
Just for clarification, it does. You pick the Site in LCN Finder.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:27 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by werinshades View Post
Do the RAN's all match up during conventional search? Using FM mode? NXN 4 or NXN 9 or NXN IDS showing in display during conventional search?
When I'm on the trunked system, I see NX4 up by the date on my 536.

When its on the conventional, I see RAN 1 show up where you would see the CTCSS, etc., values.

Am I correct that NX4 corresponds to a 4800 NXDN system? It is listed in RR as a 9600 system, if that matters.

Would I be better off not fretting over this until the update comes out concerning the TGID0 that Upman mentioned?
Old 04-16-2018, 11:01 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
When I'm on the trunked system, I see NX4 up by the date on my 536.

When its on the conventional, I see RAN 1 show up where you would see the CTCSS, etc., values.

Am I correct that NX4 corresponds to a 4800 NXDN system? It is listed in RR as a 9600 system, if that matters.

Would I be better off not fretting over this until the update comes out concerning the TGID0 that Upman mentioned?
You are correct...you're looking at a NXDN 4800 trunking system. Look for other frequencies with RAN-1, program those frequencies in and run the LCN finder. NXDN 4800 trunking isn't having any issues. Sounds like whoever submitted the information was incorrect.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Yes - NX4 means 4800. If RR says 9600 that is an error, but both are programmed the exact same way in a 536 so it's a non-issue.