Nxdn programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

I900D658

gents i have been trying to program nxdn ONQUE in to my bcdx36 using arc pro with no success both scanners have been updated i downloaded ONQUE picked sites and talk groups for my area safed as hpd then uploaded to scanners the scanners are scanning it but action. any advice

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
What is ONQUE? Edit: Figured out safed was a typo of saved. But, still don't know specifically (what system, site(s), channel(s)) you are asking about. Link to the system in the dB with more explanation is required for any meaningful assistance.

Last edited:

I900D658

nxdn programming and not recieving

What is ONQUE? Edit: Figured out safed was a typo of saved. But, still don't know specifically (what system, site(s), channel(s)) you are asking about. Link to the system in the dB with more explanation is required for any meaningful assistance.

This is the onque i have used https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=8070 and it is used in Ontario Canada. i am in Sarnia Ontario Canada and have downloaded London, oil springs and Sarnia, Chatham, Windsor Sites

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I would start with just the Sarnia site and ID Search mode. Also, as NXDN trunk tracking on scanners is very new, I know that there are many partial or incorrect LCN entries. I'd also try LCN finder to verify that the LCNs in RRDB are correct.

I900D658

I would start with just the Sarnia site and ID Search mode. Also, as NXDN trunk tracking on scanners is very new, I know that there are many partial or incorrect LCN entries. I'd also try LCN finder to verify that the LCNs in RRDB are correct.

thanks up man i will try this

I900D658

nxdn programming

does anyone have a screen shot on how to manually program an nxdn system on 436 and 536

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Its not something that can be captured in a single screen shot, so no. It's similar to programming a P25 or DMR system, except some of the terms are specific to NXDN.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
does anyone have a screen shot on how to manually program an nxdn system on 436 and 536

Its a few steps to do.

Hit Menu button on radio

1 Scroll to Manage Favorites
2 Go to what List you want
3 Hit E on Review/Edit System
4 Hit E on New System
5 Select a NXDN system you want (NXDN Trunk - NXDN One Freq)
6 Go from there.

Voyager

I'm not sure how I would ever put this into a screenshot, but...

The starting steps are:

MENU
MANAGE FAVORITES
NEW FAVORITES LIST (or select an existing one to use)
(set the options - rename etc if you want)

Select REVIEW/EDIT SYSTEM
NEW SYSTEM
Select the system type you want: NXDN TRUNK for trunking systems, NXDN OneFrequency for single frequency trunks, or Conventional for conventional channels.

For conventional only, create a new Department, then within that new channel, then program teh frequency for that channel. Set the audio type as DIGITAL ONLY and set the RAN if known. Repeat for any additional channels.

For NXDN OneFrequency, select EDIT SITE, add a new site, then select SET FREQUENCIES and enter the frequency. After that, set ID SCAN to ON or select EDIT DEPARTMENT, NEW DEPARTMENT, NEW CHANNEL, then enter the Talkgroups you want to scan.

For NXDN TRUNK:
select EDIT SITE, add a new site, then select SET FREQUENCIES and enter the frequencies for each LCN. If you don't know the LCN, just hit ENTER for now on that field. Repeat until all the site frequencies are entered. After that, set ID SCAN to ON or select EDIT DEPARTMENT, NEW DEPARTMENT, NEW CHANNEL, then enter the Talkgroups you want to scan.

If you don't know the LCN, use LCN FINDER to find them as follows: (you will need to remember the System name you set above)
In the menu, select ANALYZE then LCN FINDER. Hit ENTER and scroll to the system and select it, then select the SITE and LCN Finder will start. when it's done, it will let you know and you can set all the found LCNs.

Now one word of caution here: IF there are frequencies that are not used, it will never find the LCN for them. But, it will give you the option of saving what it has found when you exit the LCN finder using FUNC-SYSTEM. It will ask if you want to save found LCNs. Select YES.

The above should get you running.

If you don't get all the LCNs, review what it HAS found. It might be obvious what the missing ones are. For example, if LCNs 1-5 are used except 3 and 4, and 1/2/5 are in descending order (or ascending), the pattern likely continues through 3 and 4. If it has found all except one, that one should be obvious. It's always possible they are using a frequency you don't have, but that is usually the exception and not the rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.