Best Cheep Antenna for Uniden bearcat BC350A

Status
Not open for further replies.

swimpedo

I have a uniden bearcat BC350A scanner and i was wondering what the best cheep antenna would be for it. today i just got an antenna from amazon
"HARULU Scanner Antenna For Uniden Motorola Car Radio BNC Mount 4" Mobile Full Band"
it says its Receive Frequency: 30MHz - 1200 MHz. i plugged it in to my receiver and it did not pick up anything. i had the antenna outside my window, and did not get anything. i then got my other portable weather radio with the same connector i walked out to my yard where there are no trees and i still got nothing.
any ideas what i can do?
if there is nothing i can do to fix it what do you guys recommend for a cheep <20$ antenna that i can get on amazon?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Cheap and good don't go together. You will spend more on cheap crap antennas that don't work than you will getting one good antenna that does.

Diamond RH77CA is a good antenna.

questnz

Plenty outside antennas but they cost more and you need solid mount. You need to decided do you want indoor or outdoor antenna setup.
Obvious outdoor will improve your reception even better.

Last edited:

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
Notice the core at the middle. It will fit over a metal pipe and a screw (or two) are used to cinch it to the tubing. The tubing can then be mounted using standard TV antenna mount or similar ham/professional antenna mounts. Can zip tie the coax to the tubing. Strongly consider lightning protection which is far too important for this posting and can be found in the RR forums.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Looks like public safety in Horry County is using a P25 digital system. Your scanner is analog and is not capable of receiving their system.

You might be able to receive aircraft and possibly C.B. but that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.