RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > Uniden Forums > Uniden Tech Support

Uniden Tech Support - For discussion of all technical aspects of current or future Uniden scanners.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-19-2018, 1:02 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm8s View Post
To be clear, Uniden has no plans to allow us to have the backlight stay on after a transmission ends so that we can actually see what we're hearing, correct?
I havenít heard anything officially if Uniden is going to add more options for the backlight behavior which would be nice.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:48 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikito View Post
I havenít heard anything officially if Uniden is going to add more options for the backlight behavior which would be nice.
One would think they have to solve the battery issue.
Old 08-23-2018, 11:07 AM

Bringing this back alive. I don't update the firmware in my SDS100 very frequently. I updated today and I'm at Main V1.05.00 and Sub V1.01.05. While scanning, when a transmission is active on the held TG, the display lights up but does not turn off once the transmission completes. The display will stay illuminated until I turn it off. I used it this morning before updating the firmware and it did not exhibit this behavior.

**EDIT**
Disregard. I did find a setting for backlight on when powered that was turned on. Maybe this firmware fixed it so that works.

Last edited by amcferrin90; 08-23-2018 at 11:15 AM..
Old 08-23-2018, 1:07 PM

It's by design. When you set Open Squelch, thelight stays on for the channel delay setting after the squelch closes, so you can see who's talking on short transmissions.
Old 09-08-2018, 2:42 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I'm having the same issue with mine; seem to get an intermittent problem with the scanner's display screen just going to black (off) when I've tried every setting I can to get it to stay on. As for now; I would prefer that the display be able to stay on all of the time, not shut off. But eventually; to save drain on battery; I'd use it as off and on depending upon when a signal was received. Nevertheless; as of now; it's just an intermittent problem that seems to not have a solution. Please fix Uniden.
Sponsored links
Old 09-08-2018, 9:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgriffin70 View Post
I'm having the same issue with mine; seem to get an intermittent problem with the scanner's display screen just going to black (off) when I've tried every setting I can to get it to stay on. As for now; I would prefer that the display be able to stay on all of the time, not shut off. But eventually; to save drain on battery; I'd use it as off and on depending upon when a signal was received. Nevertheless; as of now; it's just an intermittent problem that seems to not have a solution. Please fix Uniden.
Can you post what your settings are and which firmware you're on? My problem was an overlooked setting about what to do when on power vs on battery. That fixed it for me or at least to where it appears to work right for me.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:22 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Turning it off for me keeps it on all the time which is what I want ALWAYS. I do not care about battery life. I want backlight on for SCREEN and KEYS ALL THE TIME.

Seems to be working...
Old 12-07-2018, 8:45 AM

Default Backlight and shutoff issues

First time posting or commenting in almost 20 years.

Iím also having a difficult time.

I changed my squelch to open.